You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Chichester, UK
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Join us for the Lighthouse Experience - personal development, challenges, team work and training.
As part of our Placement Programme you will engage with international companies, working on real projects with potential to visit customer sites, working with companies such as Nissan, Airbus and United Biscuits.
We are looking for high achieving students studying an IT related, maths or physics degrees.
- Learn and implement scripted interfaces to factory devices, databases and ERP systems
- Develop web-pages that represent a factory layout – allowing operators to interact through a point and click interface
- Work with customers to help diagnose and resolve issues, often connecting up to remote sites via VPN links and remote control screens
- Engage in the test process for product release
- Learn SQL in order to write complex queries on the Shopfloor-Online database which provide end-user reports
- Write Stored Procedures for Oracle and SQL-Server
- Observe and be part of the development and delivery cycle of a commercial software application
- Make on-site visits around the UK and Europe as part of the delivery and implementation team
- Be part of a highly skilled and dedicated team
“The skills I developed on this placement will be incredibly valuable for the rest of my degree and the future.”
We believe in placing students in a challenging environment in which they are allowed to, and expected to, take on a lot of responsibility and in which they will learn a vast amount during their year with us. The more keen and capable you are, the more experience you will gain. The work is varied and exciting; covering all aspects of the design cycle.
Our hope is that those who excel will come back. A high percentage of the team currently at Lighthouse Systems have joined us through this programme.
- Paid Placement Year
- Relocation Package
- Free car parking
- Non-contributory pension
- 20 days’ annual leave plus the usual bank holidays
About Lighthouse Systems
Lighthouse Systems is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). Our Web-based MES application, Shopfloor-OnlineTM, is a configurable solution that helps manufacturing companies achieve measurable improvements in efficiency, output, compliance, quality and customer satisfaction. It provides integrated real-time information from across the entire manufacturing environment.
Our customer base is growing rapidly and each new project takes us into new and challenging areas. Project implementation demands that the team understand a customer’s business, their manufacturing process and operational challenges. Implementing Shopfloor-Online requires that the product is customised to fit each new situation - providing a perfect business fit.
“The Placement was very well organised, it was planned out from the start and reviewed monthly to refocus if needed. Very impressive.” Placement Student 2013-14
“The amount I learnt on my placement was phenomenal; it really stood me in good stead for my final year of university”
Our team of Project Engineers and Developers are based at our Head Office in West Sussex and we have offices in the USA, Singapore and Sweden. Due to the location of our Head Office a car is essential.
Lighthouse Systems is perfectly situated between Brighton and London; giving you access to a relaxed cultural city on the coast, and the ever exciting UK Capital, for shopping and nightlife.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Lighthouse Systems
Lighthouse Systems enables the smart factory by creating the connectivity previously missing throughout manufacturing operations, so people can work smarter and assets can work harder, whilst delivering superior quality to customers. We are a world-leading vendor of MES/MOM systems. Our manufacturing execution system (MES) software Shopfloor-
- Technology & IT
- Crawley, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 1990