- Basildon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 02 Jun, 2019
- Posted on 02 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jun, 2019
Your role as a Leonardo Summer Placement Electronics Engineer will be to support the design and development of our world leading electro-optical, communications and information system products under the guidance of experienced Electronics Engineering Leads. You will be introduced to utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, acceptance and product support. You will interface with customers (internal and external) on many factors within the design and liaise closely with Engineers from all other disciplines including Mechanical, Software, Systems, Supportability and Design Integrity. Electronics Engineers design, document, build and test electronics circuits and firmware designs to go into our various systems.
In Electronics Engineering, you might be involved in designing for mixed signal design, power supply design, DAC/ADC, FPGA, high speed serial interfaces and video/communication processing algorithms. There will be opportunities to develop expertise in the design of circuits, FPGAs and subsystems at various stages in the product lifecycle. This will include requirements capture, performance analysis, design, code, verification, validation and support to integration and qualification. You will gain exposure to other engineering disciplines and business areas. As a summer placement you will fulfil the role of Electronics Engineer with support and mentoring from a team of world class Electronics Engineers, which provides the support and environment necessary for learning and career development.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To learn the skills required to become a professional Electronics Engineer.
- Working to timescales
- Work as a contributory engineering team member (with support)
- Undertake day-to-day engineering activities with some guidance and support
- Ask for support where appropriate and learn from more experienced team members
- Contribute to engineering team decisions, and understand why such decisions are made and their relationship to project success criteria
- Explore new experiences and opportunities to learn within the engineering environment.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Studying towards a Degree in Electronics Engineering, or other subject (eg Science, Mathematics) relevant to high tech development.
- Candidates must be able to obtain SC security clearance and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Strong communications skills are essential.
- The ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Logistics & Transport, Engineering & industrial
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948