- Leicester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The OverviewBritish Gas Business (BGB) is the business-to-business division of British Gas, one of the world’s oldest companies with a history dating over 200 years. We now have a great opportunity for a Digital Analytics & Insight Manager to join us.
- Location: Leicester - Spinneyside (LE19 1SZ)
- Full time; Permanent
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
The RoleThis is a pivotal role in the b2b Digital team, driving a culture where analytics is at the heart of the business. You will work closely with all members of the Digital team and with stakeholders throughout the business to measure performance, understand customer behaviour and identify opportunities to improve experience and ROI.
You will use a variety of analytical tools to provide structured insight into new and existing customer experiences on our website and App, to identify potential improvements to end-to-end journeys and to measure performance against Digital KPIs. This includes proactively investigating data anomalies or trends that deviate from plan (either positively or adversely) and utilising multiple data points to improve our understanding of customer experience.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Work with development teams to optimise the collection of data from British Gas Business digital properties. Translate business requirements into analytical tagging and reporting structure.
- Own the configuration of the Digital Analytics toolset, collaborating with stakeholders to make clear understandable data available to the wider team. Educate the digital team & wider business regarding the capability of the products available to them, promoting a self-service model where practical.
- Facilitate the automation of data and reports, ensuring they meet stakeholders’ needs, including defining onsite and SAP CRM MI requirements during the shaping of new digital projects.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis on website and mobile performance to all levels of our business, in partnership with our Group MI team.
- Proactively analyse user behaviour; conversion data; funnel analysis by device and customer type using Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture) and Decibel Insights alongside other tools. Combine digital data with other business data e.g. Sales, Operations to develop greater insights.
- Ensure that campaigns and other drive to web activity are optimally tracked and reported on.
- Develop insights on areas of value creation and/or optimisation, and articulate scale of the opportunity to the business.
- Identify areas where integration between analytical and optimisation technologies could drive greater overall business value. Work with the Digital Optimisation Manager to implement these integrations and leverage insights from them.
- Supporting the continuous evaluation of multi-channel data to drive improvements to operational performance and marketing ROI.
- Maintain and manage the relationship and resource prioritisation of internal and/or 3rd party suppliers including securing budget approval and managing spend.
The PersonWe are looking for a naturally curious analyst who is creative, enthusiastic and a dynamic self-starter, able to help shape the future of British Gas Business through its Digital presence. This role will support the teams’ analytical requirements and the successful applicant will need to be able to help design and deliver new reporting metrics, as well as deliver relevant and actionable insights into customers’ behaviour.
You'll need meticulous attention to detail, with a passion for continual improvement to the customer experience and how data can bring this to life.
In addition, we need you to have the following:
- Graduate calibre with good experience in web analytics.
- A proven ability to translate data into actionable insight with a track record of leveraging data to support commercial decision making.
- First class communication and presentation skills, able to convey complex information in a simple and concise way (both written and verbal) to both Digital and non-Digital stakeholders up to Director level, adapting style and content for the audience.
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics tools (Adobe Site Catalyst and Decibel Insights) with Adobe Certified Expert preferred.
- Experience building dashboards in Site Catalyst.
- Strong working knowledge of Tag Management Systems.
- The ability to write and construct SQL queries, using business intelligence tools such as Business Objects and Oracle relational databases and techniques for data processing, as well as experience of Big Data technologies and infrastructure such as Hadoop, Hive and Amazon Web is highly desirable.
- Understanding and experience of digital multi variate testing including measuring performance.
- Experience managing a diverse stakeholder network including suppliers.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel a necessity.
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be beneficial.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Centrica plc is an international energy and services company with around 27 million customer accounts and a worldwide workforce of over 36,000 employees. It operates mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, Bord Gáis and Direct Energy.
Centrica is a top 50 FTSE 100 company focused on satisf
- Engineering & industrial
- in Leicester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997