You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 15,999.0 per year
Production Engineering Placement
Based in our research and development department, working as a member of the Production Engineering team. The team is responsible for generating and managing all the Design for Manufacture data (Bills of Materials (BOMs), Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), mechanical CAD, etc), as well as direct engineering support of our vendors, both in the UK and Far East, plus management of UK prototype builds.
This Engineering placement role will include the following responsibilities:
Providing Production Engineering support to our NPI (New Product Introduction) projects and to ongoing production
- Creating and managing product BOMs and ECOs
- Ensuring the data released to our vendors and sub-contractors is of the highest quality, and clearly presented
- Supporting the prototype electronics build process:
- Preparing kits of electronics materials
- Carrying out feasibility studies
- Communicating with UK and overseas component and PCB suppliers
- Conduct PCB design analysis, build quality verification, and rework as required
- Supporting the development of our factory test software & production engineering tools
- Investigating potential for optimisation of our factory test software & tools
- Assuring the quality of our factory test software before releasing to the factory
A suitable candidate for this role is someone who can work well autonomously, and who is able to own, be responsible for and deliver, high quality results to the agreed deadlines. They will also work well in a team, contributing to the development and ongoing improvement of the Production Engineering department.
Abilities and Experience
- Currently enrolled in a BEng / BSc degree, preferably in a related engineering subject – Electronics, Manufacturing Systems, Production, Audio Engineering, etc
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
- Strong personal leadership – well organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM) systems would be advantageous
- Proficient with MSOffice software – Excel, Word, etc
- An interest in music, recording or audio would be beneficial
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Focusrite plc
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio products group that develops and markets proprietary hardware and software products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, its solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound.
The Focusrite Group trades under four established and rapidly growing bra
- Technology & IT, Engineering & industrial
- High Wycombe, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1985