You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
When you walk into a department store and are greeted by the very beautiful and inviting beauty counters you’re seeing the work of the Retail Design teams. The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your selves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
When we have a brand new store opening or a retailer is having a beauty hall re-fit it’ll be your job to assist the Retail Design Managers in delivering a counter that is making the best use of the space, conveying an exciting and interactive customer journey whilst being in line with the International Brand Guidelines.
You will assess the varying customer journey across our brands as well as our competitors and up the game. It’s a busy and fast-paced role, but seeing your designs, planning and organisation come to life is super rewarding.
Day-to-day you may be...
• Supporting the Retail Design team with preparing and planning for new counter installations
• Partnering with different business functions to organise a successful counter launch
• Taking on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of Retail Design
• Launch brand installation guidelines whilst further coordinating printing and distribution to stores
• Work closely with the visual merchandising team to ensure a 360 approach
• Liaising with marketing and sales to develop and adapt planograms to guide stores on how to present their product
• Liaising with logistics on tester orders for new counter installations
• Attend installations out of hours to support on snagging and merchandising the new counters.
• Regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
• Attending trade shows and supplier fairs on behalf of the team
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a good eye for detail and an awareness of current Retail Design trends
• Able to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
• Experience in PowerPoint/ InDesign and Excel would be an advantage.
• Eligible to work in the UK
• In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 34 world-famous brands selling in 140 countries, it’s easy to see why L’Oréal are the world’s No. 1 cosmetics group. Even our brands are household names in their own right. From Ralph Lauren to Diesel; Maybelline to Urban Decay, if there’s a name you love in cosmetics, there’s a good chance it’s ours. That’s because we have the best tale
- Chemicals & pharmaceuticals, Retail
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1909
255 Hammersmith Rd, London W6 8AZ, UK