You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Manchester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 18,000.0 per year
NCS Sales Associate
Start date: ASAP
Status: This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary: £18,000 per annum depending on experience
Reporting to the Sales Manager our Sales Associates are the face of NCS recruitment at The
Challenge. In this position you will go out to engage with young people and parents to ensure their
participation in NCS. It requires passionate and enthusiastic people motivated by providing
opportunities for young people and reaching ambitious targets.
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences.We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others.We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other.This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
- Deliver high quality, engaging presentations, follow up events and PHSE lessons to young people in schools to inspire them to sign up to NCS
- Reach individual and team targets by school for the number of young people who express an interest and then sign up
- Engage with parents through presenting and attending parents evenings and running pre-programme information evenings
- Take responsibility for a number of programme dates during summer and autumn delivery to ensure the full cohort of young people turn up and reserve lists are utilised to fill every place
- Work closely with the Account Management Team who hold school relationships to identify new opportunities for recruitment
- Administrative duties to support sales processes.
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills both in person and over the phone
- Ability to engage with 15 to 17 year olds and their parents in an enthusiastic and authentic way
- Motivation to work towards and exceed targets
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Experience managing own workload and working as part of a team
- Able to take direction and carry out tasks to a high standard
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with young people and schools
- Sales experience
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Why should you apply?
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter; vacancy closes Thursday November 15th
- Interview process: Interviews will take place week beginning November 19th.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
The Challenge has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to The Challenge verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About The Challenge
- Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 2009