You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Larne, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,871.0 per year
Who are Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure for over 80 years as the leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines. But beyond this, the organisation has established itself as a technology leader in construction, transportation, mining, forestry, energy, logistics, electronics, financing and electric power generation.
Operating from 50 countries around the globe, the Caterpillar brand has developed into a symbol of strength, respect, and integrity. The organisation has a clear vision to be the global leader in providing customer value in the markets in which it operates. Underpinning all this is a real commitment to social and environmental responsibility, which is upheld by all 101,000 employees. In fact, Caterpillar is convinced that it is their people who drive the business - they are constantly looking for ways in which they can grow profitably through sustainable progress.
Caterpillar is a globally diverse company. Its people come from many places. Their backgrounds and experiences are different and so are the businesses they work for within Caterpillar.
What experiences can we offer you?
The Custom Power Solutions group is responsible for the design & manufacture of customer specific diesel & gas generator sets. The particular role is within the Engineering team who are responsible for the mechanical / electrical packaging design and validation of the equipment.
The key role of this entry level engineering position is to learn and assist: to gain an understanding of Caterpillar's business, products, systems, and procedures; to learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic engineering knowledge and to provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group.
The successful candidate will work on varied unique projects, designing both generators and associated electric power products.
- To work as part of a design team, accountable for the delivery of customer specific design projects.
- Knowledge of design tools and processes.
- Development of product knowledge, including critical customer requirements and product applications.
- Development of supplier knowledge and capabilities including design for manufacturing and cost modelling.
- Creation of design schemes and detail drawings. Supporting work will include calculations, report writing and taking the lead of Design Reviews.
- Supplier and Customer collaboration to achieve high quality, cost effective designs.
Who are we looking for?
Our graduates are given the support and coaching required to develop their technical capability and business understanding. Within a short period of time our graduates become embedded team members, vital to the success of the Engineering department within which they operate, and are accountable for delivering key engineering responsibilities. The experience this offers means that our graduates are well positioned to become future leaders and technical experts within our business.
Skills/Experience/Key competencies required:
- Competent using MS Office suite and ideally skilled in the use of CAD.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Desire to challenge both yourself and the organisation on delivery of technically superior cost effective designs and solutions.
- Potential to be a technical leader within Caterpillar.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team as well as on own initiative.
- Strong planning, organising and problem solving skills.
- Willing to travel and engage different cultures.
- A minimum of 2:1 honours degree level in engineering or similar technical discipline.
- Industrial or work experience in a similar environment desired.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2016 sales and revenues of $38.537 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of constr
- Engineering & industrial
- Leicester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1925