You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
Award-winning cyber security company
Our client is an award winning, next generation digital parenting solution. It is aimed at families with children and focusing on helping parents with the issues of sexting, managing time spent on-line, cyberbullying, trolling, abuse, aggression and sextortion on social networks and messaging apps.They're on a quest to develop a sophisticated AI system for the detection of emotion in typed text, in multiple languages. This smart technology will complement their existing tools which detect risky and concerning content through the keyboard, in the pursuit of safeguarding children from the various harms associated with the online world and social media.
In the context of this internship, you will work with social media and social forum data to develop algorithms which recognise when the author of the content is expressing particular emotions, including joy; sadness; surprise; anger; fear; and trust. You will also understand younger users (an understanding of slang, trends, hashtags, emojis etc).
Their newly recruited Annotators will be based in their London office, and will work with their existing annotators (both in London, and online in Canada).
Job DescriptionThe ideal candidate....
- Is a focused and committed individual, capable of putting their mind to a task and avoiding distraction.
- Is emotionally intelligent, capable of identifying subtle meanings and contexts behind forms of communication, whilst being aware of the risk of applying their own subjective bias to an interpretation.
- Is passionate about their desire to work on a project with meaningful purpose, with the aim of positive social impact.
- Is able to apply logic, initiative and good interpretative judgement to the more complex examples of data, without conflicting or contradicting established guidelines.
- Is motivated and able to work efficiently both on their own, and as part of a wider team.
- Is comfortable working with social media and forum data written by younger users (an understanding of slang, trends, hashtags, emojis and general characteristics of these particular forms of social interaction).
- Is a native speaker of at least one of the following languages: English; German: Spanish; Catalan.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
BrighterBox is an exciting new recruitment agency connecting ambitious graduates with roles at entrepreneurial startups in London.
Think: award-winning digital media and e-commerce companies, FMCG challenger brands, fintech, sports and social media platforms, venture capital, virtual reality and video.
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2015
14 Rosebery Ave, London EC1R 4TD, UK