- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 31 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 18,000.0 per year
Menzies Forensic Services is an exciting part of Menzies LLP and was set up to take advantage of market opportunities from its internal and external contacts. We are seeking a second-year university student on a one-year placement opportunity to join the team in August 2019. This is a wonderful opportunity for a passionate student to assist with the expansion of the team as it consolidates being a significant player in the UK forensic accountancy market.
Menzies Forensic Services manage a broad mix of forensic accounting projects including dispute advisory, litigation support and financial investigations. It provides a full service offering normally only associated with a Top 10 firm.
Working directly with lawyers and clients, we are engaged on projects ranging from personal damage disputes to £500 million plus litigation. We also assist our Insolvency and business recovery professionals with investigating antecedent transactions.
The firm prides itself on the experience and responsibility which it offers placement students
The work is varied, and the placement student will gain exposure to a variety of Forensic Accounting such as...
- Being involved and supporting in all aspects of the analytical and research work on projects.
- This may include assisting in the drafting of reports for expert review
- The production of spreadsheets to an evidential standard
- Identifying missing evidence and interviewing clients.
- The placement student will also have the opportunity to become involved in assisting in developing and maintaining client and referrer relationships at the appropriate level
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential
What we are looking for
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Passionate about working in Forensic Accounting
- Demonstrated track record of superior academic and work performance; demonstrated commitment to outstanding results
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Dedication to teamwork, demonstrated leadership potential and strong personal integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
Be on course to graduate with, at least a 2:1 in your chosen degree discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Forensics Accounting Placement Student then apply online via the Apply button ASAP.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 23/12/2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Menzies LLP
Menzies LLP is one of the UK’s largest regional firms of accountants and advisers to privately owned businesses. From our eight offices across London and the South of England we aim to deliver #BrighterThinking to businesses.
Brighter Thinking is how we sum up the difference we make to our clients. It’s our finance and accounting expert
- Consulting & Accounting
- in London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1912