- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 15,268.0 per year
We're on the hunt for an excellent candidate to work in Teach First's Finance team to become a rounded Finance professional. You will be in the Financial Accounting and Transactions Team where you will gain experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Financial Accounting work. You will undertake a Level 3 AAT initially and on satisfactory completion and assessment of performance, there is the opportunity to progress to the Level 4.As part of your apprenticeship with WhiteHat, you will be working full time in an exciting workplace. Here’s a bit about the company offering this vacancy.
About Teach First
Teach First are an education charity working with like-minded partners towards a day where no child’s educational success is limited by their socio-economic background.
- Equality through education.
- Empowering people to make education fair.
Located near: North Greenwich station, London.
The Finance department’s role is to ensure that all aspects of Teach First and its subsidiaries’ finances operate efficiently and in accordance with established internal control procedures and external regulations. The department helps the organisation to budget and forecast, and provides analysis, insight, influence and challenge, to enhance the quality of business decision-making and to drive improved performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing purchase invoices and expenses on the finance system to ensure that suppliers and staff are paid in a timely manner.
- Checking that invoices and expenses have been appropriately approved and are in line with Charity policy.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Assisting with accounts receivable, raising invoices on the finance system and communicating with customers on queries and debt collection.
- Filing and administration of accounts payable and accounts receivable correspondence.
- Supporting the Financial Accountant in completing month end processing and balance sheet reconciliations.
Working 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Mon-Fri.
Salary is £15,268 per year plus £3,000 London weighting allowance (London weighting is an allowance paid to certain civil servants, teachers, airline employees, PhD students, police and security officers in and around London, the capital of the United Kingdom).
You will be expected to learn technical skills and we expect that, after 5 years, you will be a qualified accountant and have obtained a wide range of work experience developing technical and softer skills.
At this level you will:
- Report to the Transactions Team Leader.
- Work closely with the Financial Accountant.
- Receive coaching from other members of the finance team.
1. Training will be on the 18 months, Business Administration advanced level Standard.
2. Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
3. As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
- Chartered Accountant through a 5-year Apprenticeship Programme, starting with AAT level 3.
Skills and soft skills required
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Experience of performing customer facing or administrative work in a paid or voluntary role.
- A desire and willingness to learn new skills.
- B grade at Maths GCSE.
- Three GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including English.
WhiteHatYou’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our apprentices on their journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We’re WhiteHat, a tech startup democratising access to the best careers. We match non-graduate talent with apprenticeship opportunities at some of the UK's most exciting companies. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships tha
- Technology & IT, Academia & Education, Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2016
119 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London, UK