- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 19 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 20 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Spend the summer with us and we’ll give you a clear insight into Human Resources and the vital part it plays in the success of our firm. You’ll also have the opportunity to start building your skills and the professional network you’ll need for a successful career.
What you can expect
Human Resources supports the firm in managing our most important assets – our people. We deliver industry-leading performance management, training and development, recruiting and diversity initiatives all over the world. By using the best tools and resources, we identify, attract, hire and retain top talent across JPMorgan Chase, generating best-in-class outcomes for our clients and the firm. The 10-week summer program starts with orientation and training to help you learn more about our history, firm culture and where we’re heading. From there, internships could be in any line of business such as the Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management, Commercial Bank, Consumer & Community Banking and Corporate. Specific roles include Compensation, Analytics, HR Business Partners and specialties such as Talent & Development, Recruiting, Benefits and HR Service Delivery. In the process, you’ll learn all about our industry-leading performance management, development, recruitment and diversity initiatives. You’ll also see for yourself just how varied, challenging and intellectually-inspiring a career with us can be.
On-the-job training is only part of what we offer. As well as having your own mentor to advise and support you throughout the program, you’ll be invited to our speaker series and many other interesting events, giving you the opportunity to meet colleagues – including senior leaders –and start building your professional network.
J P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package.
What you need to bring
You’ll need to have what it takes to thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment. Other qualifications include:
- A well-rounded academic background is essential with a minimum degree grade of 2:1 or European equivalent. Results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication of your predicted grade.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Aptitude for synthesizing complex information into simple, compelling messages.
- Demonstrated leadership in a school or community organization.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day. J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from Investment Banking to Technology, Operations and Human Resources. J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Apply via the "apply now" button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clien
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1799
25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP