You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
User Experience Researchers are essential to our product development, working to generate the requirements, insights and feedback that teams need to build a clear picture of their users and supporting the delivery of effective, efficient and satisfying design solutions. You will be working with the User Experience Research team, and the wider Research team, assisting them to generate user insights that translate into features and actions through the iterative product lifecycle, improving and optimising our products and services for our readers and customers.
As a User Experience Research Graduate you can expect to:
- Meet our Telegraph readers and customers to gather information about their user requirements and to understand their needs through contextual studies and observations, interviewing, focus groups and usability testing
- Be involved in working with sketches and prototypes alongside designers and developers
- Present the research outputs and stages of the design development back to stakeholders
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary department and wider team, that includes data analysts, quant researchers, designers, product owners
You have a strong working-knowledge of basic user research methods and understanding of user-centred product design and delivery. You may, or may not, have actual experience working on live projects and product development, but should have a keen interest and passion in design thinking, empathising with ‘users’, and applying user experience research to product development.
- B.A or MA Degree in relatable discipline: e.g. Human Computer Interaction, Social Anthropology, Psychology, Social Sciences, Interaction Design, Engineering, Graphic Design, Product Design, Digital Design, Digital Media, Marketing, Human Factors
- Hard-working, enthusiastic and self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- High attention to detail and fantastic problem-solving skills
- Ability to build great relationships and trust with staff & stakeholders
- Be able to work collaboratively and independently on projects (on-site and remote)
- A good story-teller
- A passion for technology and providing great customer service
- Previous experience/knowledge in research/web-based service delivery ideal.
What you can expect from us if successful:
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development and training.
- Access to a Telegraph Mentor
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph’s mission is to provide content that inspires people to have the perspective they want to progress in life. It delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day, across its digital and print properties as well as through leading digital partners.
Founded in 1855, The Telegraph has built a diversified commerc
- Media, Publishing & Events
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1855
111 Buckingham Palace Rd, London SW1W 0DT, UK