You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
When you walk into a department store and are greeted by a display of gleaming products, you’re seeing the work of Visual Merchandising. The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your selves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
When a new product is launched, it’ll be your job to think of unique ways in which we can present this to our customers nationwide. We want you to assess our competitors and up the game. It’s a busy and fast-paced role, but seeing your ideas come to life is super rewarding.
Day-to-day you may be...
• Supporting the Visual Merchandising team with preparing and planning for new launches and promotions
• Partnering with all the relevant retailers to ensure visual merchandising is correctly implemented across the UK e.g. Tesco, Debenhams
• Taking on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of visual merchandising
• Working closely with the Marketing team to design, manage and develop Point of Sale units
• Launch guidelines whilst further coordinating printing and distribution to stores
• Updating developing and designing planograms to guide stores on how to present their product
• Liaising with marketing and sales in order to confirm direction and stock levels
• Regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
• Attending trade shows and supplier fairs on behalf of the team
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a good eye for detail and an awareness of current Visual Merchandising trends
• Able to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
• Experience in PowerPoint/ InDesign and Excel would be an advantage.
• Eligible to work in the UK
• In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 34 world-famous brands selling in 140 countries, it’s easy to see why L’Oréal are the world’s No. 1 cosmetics group. Even our brands are household names in their own right. From Ralph Lauren to Diesel; Maybelline to Urban Decay, if there’s a name you love in cosmetics, there’s a good chance it’s ours. That’s because we have the best tale
- Chemicals & pharmaceuticals, Retail
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1909
255 Hammersmith Rd, London W6 8AZ, UK