- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 14 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 29,000.0 per year
Our award-winning graduate and apprentice programmes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the next generation of vehicles you’ll help produce. In fact, we’ve designed our early careers programmes for you to shape the future with us. With opportunities right across our business, you’ll use your creativity to bring new ideas to life, develop specialist, commercial and project skills and push the boundaries of your potential.
What to Expect
Innovative and pioneering, since the beginning we’ve been committed to delivering the best manufacturing techniques. Today, revolutionary technologies and innovative lean processes combine to meet our ambitious programme of new models and vehicle lines.
From process engineering and powertrain manufacturing to launching new model programmes, and international growth of our production facilities, the scope of Manufacturing is vast and you’ll use your drive to make an impact in a diverse range of areas, including:
- Applying Lean Manufacturing and Design principles in world-class facilities
- Managing the design, development and implementation of new facilities/processes for minimum environmental impact with a focus towards Autonomous, Connected and Electrified vehicle developments
- Supporting supplier selection and vendor management with the opportunity for genuine early responsibility
- Assessing feasibility of designs to suit manufacturing build requirements
- Preparing costs, budgets and timing plans for large UK and international projects
- Co-ordinating the support of Plant Engineering functions with respect to the provision of facilities and utilities
- Determining capability of processes and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications
- Assessing the feasibility of new Manufacturing facilities, including internationally
- Production quality planning and analysis.
With ongoing support from industry-leading experts and opportunities to gain further skills and professional qualifications (e.g CEng), you’ll develop the experience and tools to drive us forward in an ever evolving industry.
What you'll need
Excellence runs throughout our entire business and we expect you to be the same. With an Engineering or STEM degree at 2:2 level or higher, you’ll have excellent problem-solving skills, sound project management experience and the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Whatever your role, you’ll discover our dedication to developing excellence runs throughout the business. Your innovation and creativity will be challenged every day, as you develop a rigorous and commercially focused approach to your work. And with ongoing support from industry-leading experts, you’ll quickly realise the schemes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the pioneering vehicles you’ll help produce.
Rewards and Benefits
- Joining us on a starting salary of £29,000, you’ll also receive a £2,000 joining bonus to welcome you to Jaguar Land Rover.
- A generous holiday allowance will also be yours, as will many other benefits such as our privilege car purchase scheme and our pension scheme. With on-site facilities like gyms and sports hall, plus regular social events, you’ll have plenty of chances to make friends and have fun too.
- With mentoring and coaching from industry-leading experts, you’ll work to a personal development plan tailored to your ambitions. In addition to this, we’ll support you gaining a professional accreditation relevant to your business area.
Jaguar Land Rover will not support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover are a multisite business, our opportunities could be based at any of our UK sites.
On making your application, please use your personal email address and NOT a University address.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Jaguar Land Rover
Pulses racing. Spines tingling. Throughout our history, our iconic vehicles have delivered some of the most emotive driving experiences on the road. Today, with increasing demand and ever-growing ambition, we’re seeking the next generation of innovators who will capture the hearts and minds of customers in every corner of the world.
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1922