- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. We believe in creating a great place to work where people are inspired, valued and developed and this forms a key part of our strategy. We’re always looking for outstanding, creative people to join us, individuals who are driven by new and exciting challenges and committed to producing high quality results.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join us as an Accounts Assistant in our friendly and supportive finance team. It’s essential you are a team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone whom wants to progress in their career and gain experience in a service orientated finance function within a global leading publishing organisation.
- Creating and maintenance of customer records on SAP
- Liaising with project managers ensuring sales orders are submitted in a timely manner and raising invoices to customers.
- Working with project managers in resolving customer queries
- Supporting the monthly CPM billing close process by liaising with business to finalise/validate invoices. Includes being first point of contact within accounting team, managing business to deadlines, and executing close process
- Intercompany processing and reconciliations including computation of intercompany recharges
- Uploading invoices to customer portals
- Support membership customers by processing transactions to ensure their accounts are up to date and accurately reflect their activity
- Supporting the cost coding process ensuring correct allocation/coding of transactions, and undertaking P&L coding checks
- Other Ad hoc reports and analysis
- Supporting the Management Accountants with other accounting tasks
Experience, skills and qualifications
- A proven interest in Finance
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the need to work to deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- Interested in studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- Working experience of an accounting system and using Excel
- Some experience of working in an administration/ Finance environment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Springer Nature
Discover. Learn. Achieve.
Springer Nature is a world leading research, educational and professional publisher, providing quality content to our communities through a range of innovative platforms, products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people – helping researcher
- Media, Publishing & Events, Academia & Education
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2015