You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Engineering within GSK:
Engineering is about developing leading-edge, robust and cost-effective manufacturing technologies that make treatments to save lives. Our talented teams include chemical, electrical, mechanical, biopharmaceutical, sterile and automation engineers. They ensure we have the latest technology and processes to deliver four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products a year.
Is the Future Leader Programme for you?
Not only do we want to find the right candidate, we want you to choose a scheme that’s right for you.
Our Future Leaders Programmes are for those who aspire to be leaders, inspire others and relish some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. We believe in focusing on the patient and conducting our business with integrity, transparency and respect for everyone we work with.
Our Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) programmes are three years long and usually have 3 rotations which could be across our UK sites. This is to enhance the development of your skills through having a breadth and depth of understanding of our business.
We invest heavily in your personal development to prepare you for a career as a leader through regular discussions with your line manager and support from a wide network of colleagues but you are still the driver of your development. You will also have continuous training where 70% is on-the-job, 20% is through developmental relationships and 10% is through formal training and educational courses.
What to expect on the Mechanical Engineering Future Leader Programme:
GSK offers a range of opportunities leading to successful engineering careers. This career path focuses our resources on training highly motivated and capable engineering graduates who want to improve their technical skills while gaining valuable leadership training in the pharmaceutical industry.
This three-year career pathway involves three rotations to give you wide experience within different roles and working environments, alongside several training courses. Throughout, you’ll have numerous opportunities to meet with other graduates on courses and at networking events. You will undertake many core training and personal development courses, alongside additional opportunities arranged using your personal development budget.
Joining our Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) division, you’ll undertake business-critical roles within Pharmaceutical or Consumer Healthcare supply, depending on your area.
Typically, around 95% of the people joining the GMS program continue to work in GSK one year after finishing the program. Here they are working to ensure GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
A day in the life of a Mechanical Engineering Future Leader:
- You will be responsible for project managing new equipment from design, factory acceptance testing and installation to validation
- You will be increasing manufacturing efficiencies through improved safety systems, equipment performance and reliability
- As a result of your training and support you will be providing day-to-day support for risk assessments, equipment issues and breakdowns
- You will be expected to work on energy management and sustainability
- You will have the opportunity to manage multi-skilled engineering teams
- You will be keeping up-to-date with cutting-edge technologies in precision engineering
- You will develop your skills in an industry that is making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products.
- You’ll participate in projects and prioritise tasks effectively
- You’ll analyse information and report your findings
- You will have the opportunity to build an understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies we use.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work well with others and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
- A self-motivated, proactive approach.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Technical strength: an analytical mind and processes driven
- Ability to adapt to change and keep focused under pressure
- You must also have or expect to obtain in 2018 an IMechE accredited Engineering degree: Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing/Production Engineering, Engineering and Sustainability.
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. These help millions of people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.
Our commercial success depends on creating innovative products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders. We have a significant global commercial presence in more than 150 markets, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Before you apply:
Our Future Leader Programme is passionate about developing local leadership capabilities for local countries so it is vital you have eligibility to live and work in the country for which you are applying.
Please note that candidates need to be available to attend a 2-day assessment centre in London, UK , late 2018.
GSK is committed to empowering employees and creating an inclusive and diverse environment because it shows that we value and respect all contributions. It is good for business because it brings different knowledge, perspectives, experiences and working styles to GSK
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830