- Basildon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 02 Jun, 2019
- Posted on 02 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jun, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
Your role as a Leonardo Summer Placement Software Engineer will be to support the design and development of our world leading electro-optical, communications and information systems products under the guidance of experienced Software Engineering Leads. You will be introduced to utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, acceptance and product support. You will interface to customers (internal and external) on many factors within the design and liaise closely with Engineers from all other disciplines including Systems, Mechanical, Electronics, Supportability and Design Integrity.
Software Engineers develop software into real world solutions utilising Programming Languages including C, C++, C# and Java. Software Engineering is a fundamental element of all our products and as such Software Engineering provides the support and environment necessary for learning and career development. As a summer placement you will fulfil the role of Software Engineer with support and mentoring from a team of world class Software Engineers, which provides the support and environment necessary for learning and career development.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To learn the skills required to become a professional Software Engineer.
- Working to timescales.
- Work as a contributory engineering team member (with support).
- Undertake day-to-day engineering activities with some guidance and support.
- Ask for support where appropriate and learn from more experienced team members.
- Contribute to engineering team decisions, and understand why such decisions are made and their relationship to project success criteria.
- Explore new experiences and opportunities to learn within the engineering environment.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Studying towards a Degree in Software Engineering, or other subject (eg Science, Mathematics) relevant to high tech development.
- Candidates must be able to obtain SC security clearance and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Strong communications skills are essential.
- The ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Logistics & Transport, Engineering & industrial
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948
Sigma House, Christopher Martin Rd, Basildon, UK