You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 120 countries.
Our team of over 150 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for a digital savvy professional who thrives in a complex environment and who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing start-up. While this role is an internship, if both parties are excited about the work that is performed, it could turn into a full-time role.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 120 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position can be based in the US or Europe.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential, and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by one of the top European VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
- You will join the Regional Partnerships team building our community of Chinese students both inside and outside of China
- Lead our social media presence on different digital platforms, such as WeChat, Zhihu, Weibo and ChaseDream etc.
- Create digital content strategy to increase Prodigy Finance presence in China
- Manage and create online community groups, and proactively resolve questions and queries from the audience
- Collect and feed insights from the activity on digital platforms into other functions of the business to improve on our processes and product offering
- Research and summarize market/student insights for China growth strategy
- Manage and monitor global partnerships with different clubs
- Execution and implementation of other strategy plans
What you will be measured on
- Active management of customer feedback online - handle regular chats on a daily basis to stay current and support inbound volume via WeChat
- Provide creative digital marketing strategy to grow company’s awareness
- Be innovative in sharing our USP’s to customers and identify new ways of enhancing our digital channels
- Learn the mechanisms of the Prodigy Finance offering in the first few weeks of the internship
- Initiate research calls to understand Chinese student feedback and service calls requests from our Chinese students
- Design and monitor triggers/flags where the customer experience and conversion process is breaking down
- Provide feedback to the Company on student feedback, service levels and digital funnel performance
- Ensure that key pain points or opportunities are highlighted to the relevant person in the business
What you need to be great at
- Critical thinking; aligns and prioritises actions and resources in advance to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Influencing and objection handling, including building successful relationships with stakeholders
- Attention to detail for content, numeracy and error checking
- Ability to handle complex and sensitive customer service issues in writing and via telephone
- Assertive and ability to negotiate with the customer and on the customer’s behalf
- Ability to present information and customer priorities in a clear, positive and impactful way
- Bias to Action; delivers, gets things done, fosters actions and initiatives to ensure work is completed to a consistently high-performance standard
- Mental agility; learns new paradigms quickly and applies them
- Being a positive and dependable team member
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Excellent professional English and Chinese speaking and writing skills
- Familiar and actively engaged with various digital platforms
- Completed/completing a degree or equivalent diploma
- Great communication skills
- Intelligent curiosity and keen to learn
- Structured and logical thinking
- Good sense of self-management and time management
- No visa work restriction (Prodigy Finance does not provide visa sponsorship)
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Experience in a fast-growing and changing environment. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow
- Specific digital marketing experience would be advantageous, with a working knowledge of WeChat, Zhihu, Weibo or similar platforms
- You need to show us that you can become a functional expert in the technical components of our proposition quickly
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Digital Engagement Analyst? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Prodigy Finance
Funding shouldn't be a barrier to education.
Prodigy Finance was started by three INSEAD MBA graduates who experienced the difficulties of financing an international degree first-hand. In 2007, we decided to solve this problem and revolutionise the market.
We offer funding to international postgraduate students attending top unive
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2007