You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Birmingham, UK
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Discover our history. Change our future.
These placements will show you how we do it. Here as an Undergraduate Engineer, you’ll help us to design and build infrastructure and solutions that will leave a lasting legacy – and change lives in the process.
What you'll be doing
Our 12-week Summer Placement will show you fluid thinking in action, as you work alongside highly-experienced Engineers, Technical Experts and Business Leaders, with the ability to approach complex challenges from multiple angles. At the same time, you’ll:
- Establish our legacy by preserving and adding to our unique Victorian infrastructure
- Participate in life-changing programmes of work that effect thousands of people, every day
- Support and manage your own projects
- Collaborate with consultants and contractors from across the business
- Be mentored by our experts on a daily basis
Where we'll take you
Our twelve-week placements will put you at the heart of an ambitious asset rebuild, where you’ll confront issues like an increasingly volatile climate and growing urbanisation. Wherever you choose to go next, you’ll have gained a breadth of knowledge, skills and insight that will enable you to overcome a wide range of professional challenges.
If you enjoy your experience with us, and you’re completing your final year of study – or have already obtained your Undergraduate degree – you’ll also be eligible to apply for our Graduate Engineering Programme.
What we're looking for
To help us achieve our vision, we want people who are willing to learn and able to work with people from across our business. For these placements, you’ll need to:
- Be working towards an accredited Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering degree
- Show initiative and confidence, with the ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Know how to think strategically and establish strong relationships
- Be able to travel to different locations
Please note, due to the high interest surrounding these roles, we are now closed for new applications from Chemical Engineers for our 2018 roles.
We are still accepting applications from all other engineering disciplines at this time however.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Severn Trent
Have you ever thought about a day without water? No morning cup of tea, no wake me up shower, no pile of washing sorted, no dishes cleaned, no relaxing bath. And that’s just the start. Think about the hospitals, nursing homes and schools that wouldn’t be able to function, and the businesses that rely on water for their services to be successf
- Consulting & Accounting, Engineering & industrial
- Coventry, UK
- Founded in 1974