You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Cambridge, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 31 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges through application of your mechanical design/engineering skills? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish having the chance to apply these skills over a 10 week summer placement?
- A 10 week summer placement opportunity which will provide exposure to a multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
- An energetic and widely experienced mechanical engineering and product design team to learn from
- An open mind for new ideas
- Be studying towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering combined with Electronics Engineering (or similar) and looking for a summer placement opportunity;
- Have strong GCSE and A levels;
- Have knowledge of mechanics, materials and/or engineering design
- Have energy and enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-tasking across projects.
You might also have (but not essential):
- Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (e.g. FEA, moldflow, COMSOL, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
- CAD design experience (preferably with SolidWorks and/or ProE)
Over the 10 weeks, you will work on various projects alongside our world class employees and gain an insight into consultancy and the exciting challenges we work on. This is a unique opportunity to experience clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to assist in meeting and exceeding our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will experience working across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a 10 week placement student, you will have the opportunity to employ and improve your mechanical design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use multidisciplinary skills requiring team work across electronics design, software design, fundamental science and of course a mechanical and product design team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as concept generation activities, CAD design, prototype building, experiment design and reliability testing.
In addition you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the mechanical and design field.
You will be based at our Sagentia office, in Harston, Cambridge. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment that solves a variety of challenges from different industries.
The role will suit individuals who wish to advance their career prospects by picking up real world experience on a range of product developments within an innovative technology and product development consultancy.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Our mission is to help companies maximise the value of their investments in R&D. We partner with clients in the consumer, industrial, medical and oil & gas sectors to help them understand the technology and market landscape, decide their future strategy
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- Cambridge, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1986
Harston Mill, Royston Rd, Harston, Cambridge CB22 7GG, UK