You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 01 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Advanced Digital Engineering
We are a centre of excellence for digital in Arup. We combine advanced digital, engineering, technical, and project expertise to add new value for clients.
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients.
About the roles.
Engineering Software Developer – London and Solihull
We have an exciting opportunity to grow our team of software developers. You will join our London or Solihull office working in a wider team of around 20 developers to develop the market leading Oasys Suite of pre- and post-processing software for the LS-DYNA finite element analysis code (see www.oasys-software.com/dyna for more information). This software is used in the automotive, nuclear and civil engineering community. Its primary use is testing vehicle crash worthiness for the automotive industry (65%) and object impact worthiness within our seismic, geotechnics and building specialisms. You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills. Our software team members take responsibility both for the development of larger tasks, which they take ownership of to see tasks through from beginning to end, and maintenance of existing features. They contribute to other related responsibilities such as quality assurance and day-to-day technical support. There are also opportunities for client contact through regular meetings, training courses and other events both in the UK and abroad.
Software Developer – Manchester and London
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work in a team which combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
You will be working with a team of developers, data scientists, user experience designers to create platforms, tools and data visualisations. You will often collaborate with a variety of other practitioners on projects like building engineers, transport consultants, geotechnical engineers, and urban planners. Digital is a growing part of our business, and we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about shaping the future of design in the built environment.
What do we look for?
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you. We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills: Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering Science, General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- Degree result of 2.1 or above
- Preference for grade B or above in A-Level Maths, but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of your clients
- Experience of FEA software is advantageous (Engineering Software Developer only)
- Knowledge of C or Fortran is advantageous (Engineering Software Developer only)
- Experience of web application development is desirable (Software Developer only)
- Knowledge of Python is desirable (Software Developer only)
- Relational and/or non-relational database experience is desirable (Software Developer only)
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Have enthusiasm for a career in software development
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- Have the aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a fulfilling career, including a competitive salary and welcome bonus, profit share scheme, a flexible benefits fund and generous pension.
What else can you expect?
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Interested in finding out more? Here's some additional information.
The deadline for applications is 20th November 2018. Our week-long Graduate Welcome Event will take place in September 2019. Whilst on occasion we may be flexible with our start dates, we would ask that the successful candidates join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946
8 Fitzroy Rd, Camden Town, London NW1 8TX