- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 23 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 24 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Our 500+ employees connect professionals to the industry knowledge and market insights they need to identify, assess, and act on opportunities ahead of the competition. With nine offices across the US, EMEA and Asia, we regularly rank as one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Even after 10 years of high growth, we see vast market opportunity ahead of us and are looking for people with talent, ambition, and entrepreneurial drive to join us in rapidly moving our organisation to the next level, in both scale and service offering.
The Application Support Engineer role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven Application Support Engineer to join the Technical Operations (IT) Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the Application Support Engineer therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You are proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. You are always to be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job and classroom-based learning, and the opportunity to dive into the field of IT through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, and challenges.
Based in London, you will provide online and in-person support to the office. At the same time, you will be joining a global team, contributing to remote support of our global offices in the US, EMEA and Asia.
Responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house, proprietary software
- Liaise with Engineering team to establish support workflows, monitor support queue for escalated issues, and optimise support platforms for data sharing between Tech Ops and Software Engineering
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Maintain and contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by Software Engineering
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritisation
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (Customer Support Engineer; User Support, emphasis on software support)
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Are confident navigating ambiguity
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pride yourself on excellent time management, decision-making and organisational skills
- Thrive in a results-oriented, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Attained a Bachelor's degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems or similar)
What will you get from us
- Clear career progression
- Opportunities for training and development throughout
- High level of autonomy and ownership of role from day one
- Comprehensive company sponsored private medical scheme
- Subsidized canteen, free breakfast, Friday drinks, snacks and fruit throughout the day
- Weekly morning yoga and corporate gym discounts
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to connect the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge, helping them improve critical decisions, sharpen their thinking and drive business forward. Investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on AlphaSights to connect them efficiently a
- Consulting & Accounting
- in London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 2008
Thames Court, 1 Queenhithe, London EC4V 3DX