- York, UK
- Apply by 29 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,250.0 per year
Life’s full of unexpected twists and turns, and it’s up to us to defy uncertainties and make it a little easier for our 34-million customers. Providing first-class insurance, retirement, health and investment products, we make a difference to people, businesses and communities around the world – and we’ve got big dreams for the future.
We seek to develop well-rounded Actuaries with insurance orientated actuarial, financial and commercial knowledge, who seek to challenge themselves to be Aviva’s leaders of the future. We are offering a number of challenging, 12 month fixed-term actuarial placement roles within one of the world’s leading insurance companies.
Based in our UK Insurance business in York, with hard work, you will have numerous opportunities to learn, network, develop their skills and make a significant contribution to the production of actuarial results.
The roles will give you real responsibility for tasks and decisions that will affect our business. Some of the activities involved are listed below:
- Production of Solvency II results (both Internal Model and Standard Formula) for submission to Aviva Group and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA). This includes the production of Loss Functions and the calculation and review of the results produced by the Internal Model.
- Monthly solvency monitoring of our capital position.
- Producing New Business results
- Working on production of IFRS results
- Working in our asset or liability production teams.
You will join a highly capable and motivated actuarial reporting development function, responsible for a wide range of activity.
Skills and Knowledge
These roles are aimed at undergraduates, who are able to take a year out in industry as part of their course. You should be highly numerate and analytical, with the capability to interpret data and come up with solutions to complex problems.
Essential requirements are:
- Minimum of B grade in A level Maths or equivalent.
- On course for at least a 2:1 in a numerical based degree.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Desirable requirements are:
- Proficiency with a variety of computer packages, in particular Word, Excel and actuarial reporting software such as Prophet and Moses.
- A working knowledge of industry products and regulations.
- An understanding of actuarial methodologies and techniques.
The roles come with a competitive salary package of £20,250 per annum, plus other attractive benefits.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent/carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Equal Opportunity at Aviva
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you need to provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Our purpose is to make a difference to people, businesses and communities around the world by providing first-class insurance, retirement health and investment products. We’ve got big plans for our future.
We want to build a stronger, more sustainable business and become the most recommended name in the market. To do that, we need amb
- Banking & Financial Services
- in York, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1696