You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Camberley, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Description & Program Overview
Technology touches every part of Bank of America Merrill Lynch and underpins each deal we make. From low latency programming to big data challenges to keep Bank of America Merrill Lynch at the forefront of the world’s financial markets, Technology is critical to our success. Owing to our investment in cutting-edge technology, Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Global Technology and Operations (GT&O) division places growth and success as a central part of its strategy. Why? It gives our business the competitive edge to solve business problems by delivering high quality and practical solutions.
Global Information Security (GIS) is responsible for protecting the bank’s information systems, confidential and proprietary data, and customer information through a proactive strategy, the deployment of innovative controls and an agile operating model.
Being part of the GIS team offers you the opportunity to be part of a world-class information security workforce. These teams cover all aspects of Information Security including the development of strategy and policy; vulnerability identification and management; monitoring, detecting and responding to cybersecurity incidents.
As a Technology Analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work with the cyber forensics team to identify policy violations, compliance incidents or malicious acts
- Ensuring third party vendor processes are in accordance with bank policies
- Be involved in the infrastructure and application exception process
- Develop and produce metrics to track remediation activities
- Work with the cyber security defence team as the first response to cyber security incidents
Graduate Training Program
You will have the opportunity to join a leading graduate training program. You will be placed in a team where you can contribute straightaway, whilst building your skills with a support network of mentors and buddies.
To further aid your development, we offer an extensive Learning curriculum focused on technical skills, business acumen, financial skills and soft skills, including leadership competencies. The Learning curriculum is a combination of instructor and virtual led training, e-learning modules and books online to further your career. Our global learning curriculum offers you the opportunity to increase your technical knowledge, build your knowledge of the global financial system and enhance your interpersonal skills all under the guidance of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Global Markets Technology industry leaders.
As an Analyst, you may be working closely with colleagues from various regions, reflecting the global nature of our business. This is a great opportunity to build a network of colleagues from across the company that will be a tremendous resource to you throughout your career.
- You are required to be a recent undergraduate or in your final year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university
- You should have strong A level (or equivalent) grades and be on track for a minimum of a 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- We welcome applicants from varying degree subjects however it may be advantageous to be studying a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths degree discipline
- First and foremost we look for applicants who demonstrate a clear interest and passion for Technology, and a drive to self-learn outside of studies
- You should display a clear interest in Information Security and possess the curiosity to find out more
- Demonstrate capacity for innovative thinking and strong problem solving
- Display clear motivation for exploring a career within financial services
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- We look for evidence of strong team-work, leadership and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914