You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Leicester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 02 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jul, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,500.0 per year
Here at PepsiCo, we have a 12 month student placement opportunity in our Research & Development team based in Leicester.PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked smoothies, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
Innovation takes centre stage at PepsiCo. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the continent, from Leicester to Moscow. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
We have a handful of opportunities in our R&D function working in the Nutrition and Stack Fry Global Process Engineering teams.
These roles involve identifying, exploring and evaluating new technologies as well as improving the design performance and efficiency of existing technologies for PepsiCo. The main aspects of the roles involve managing work streams in technology evaluation projects, which means conducting experiments to build scientific understanding, and manufacturing product prototypes to illustrate possibilities and progress.
What you’ll get up to:
- Design new technologies and support the improvement performance initiatives related to existing technologies.
- Organise and execute experimental studies and trials in collaboration with project managers to improve the understanding of the key unit operations.
- Provide deeper understanding into how process parameters effect key product attributes by working with Subject matter experts in the researching and analysing results from trials.
- Analyse and interpret key data from existing operation plants to plan, design, conduct and report experimental trials to provide solutions for process design problems.
- Support the installation and commissioning phase of key unit process equipment. Demonstrating its capability to produce desired product safely and efficiently.
- Participate in safety assessment aspects of projects.
- Working with product developers to understand process and production interactions.
- Owning and managing project activity with external and internal stakeholders.
- Support the knowledge capture and transfer of best practice between the full scale production lines across the business globally.
- You’ll have considerable interaction with project team members from general operators, up to senior directors across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Maintain a systematic approach to scheduled work activities.
- Raise Purchase Orders for services and equipment needed to carry out key accountabilities: approval via Line Manager or Director.
- You’ll sustain an organized environment in the pilot plant during periods of high activity, including working with pilot plant team to ensure a seamless supply of raw materials and services.
What we’re looking for:
- Following path to a degree level qualification in Chemical/Mechanical/Process/Biochemical Engineering.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food Industry
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills
- Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical, tidy and reliable approach
- Good communication, verbal and written
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
What else do you need to know?This 12 month placement starts in July 2019, with a salary of £17,500
There are a range of benefits at our Leicester office, such as a free onsite gym and discounted PepsiCo products. In addition to this, we have a range of flexible benefits to suit everyone, from a competitive pension scheme, to discounted cinema tickets.
Application Closing Date – 28th OctoberOur application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A portfolio of 22 brands, across 200 countries, and with net revenues of more than $65 billion; at PepsiCo, we’re always bubbling with new ideas and getting our teeth deep into data, on a mission that goes far beyond creating nutritious and delicious snacks. Together, we’re leading the global food and beverage market by pairing performance wi
- Consumer goods
- Leicester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1898