You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Rotherham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 29 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
An exciting opportunity to join an ambitious new studio creating original games for PlayStation VR. Sony’s new VR studio is co-located in both Manchester & London.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Level Designer to join us in our London office. You will be skilled in creating level layouts, player objectives & enemy placements to deliver high quality, exciting missions.
Having shipped several successful games, you will be excited by the prospect of applying your level design knowledge to Virtual Reality. You will work alongside the project’s design leads in London, as well as working remotely with a core development team in Manchester Studio in the North West of England.
Some travel to Manchester will be required as part of the role.
- Designing & creating compelling & memorable missions, blending core game mechanics in varied and exciting ways.
- Ensuring the level design fits within the overall creative direction & intended audience of the game.
- Ensuring level designs respect the technical constraints of the game technology
- Creating level layouts & implementing scripts / blueprints
- Testing & debugging of your levels
- Revising your levels based on feedback, user test results & telemetry data
- Collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure consistently high quality level design across the game and well balanced difficulty & progression.
Skills & Experience
- You will have shipped at least 2 successful games in senior level design roles. Console experience is an advantage, as is AAA development.
- You will have experience of using 3D level editors and scripting systems, preferably Unreal Engine.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Technology & IT, Consumer goods
- Weybridge, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946