- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
About AshurstAshurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Team overview:Ashurst is acknowledged as having one of the world's leading international corporate practices and has a reputation for sensible, cost-effective commercial advice. With over 100 partners across Europe, the Middle East, Australia and Asia, our expertise extends to advising on public and private M&A, private equity, equity capital markets, prime brokerage, investment funds, restructuring and insolvency together with a broad range of regulatory issues.
Our corporate team advises across a broad range of industry sectors including energy and infrastructure, financial services, insurance, healthcare, communications, manufacturing and real estate. Our corporate practice is fully integrated with our tax, finance, competition, IP, IT, employment and pensions teams.
An opportunity exists for a suitable candidate to join our corporate team advising clients predominantly engaged in the infrastructure sector on mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures and reorganisations.
The team handle transactions with international content including large, multi-jurisdictional deals and assist with structuring transactions to accommodate different international regulatory requirements.
The team is ambitious to build on the extremely successful practice that already exists by adding team members with the same passion and drive for the industry as them.
Job overview:We are looking for a qualified corporate lawyer with experience in M&A in the infrastructure sector, ideally in the renewables and/or transport sub-sectors.
Typical transaction responsibilities will include:
- negotiating sale and purchase agreements (asset and share) and ancillary transaction documentation;
- advising on joint venture and high value commercial agreements;
- assisting and supervising due diligence exercises; and
- playing a leading role in transaction management for regional and international mergers and acquisitions and projects within the infrastructure sector.
Essential skills and experience:
- Post qualification experience in infrastructure M&A with a reputable international law firm.
- Experience advising international clients within energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Good organisational skills and experience in transaction management.
- Excellent academic track record.
- Enthusiasm for intellectually challenging work.
- An enthusiastic team-player who can work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
- Willingness to learn new skills and expand technical knowledge beyond core transactional skills.
- Excellence in attention to detail, identifying inconsistencies that indicate problems with quality of work or misunderstanding of client's needs.
Opening Date Wednesday 7th November 2018
Closing Date Wednesday 5th December 2018 Additional DocumentsJob Description Download London
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships we offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. Our 400 partners and further 1,000 lawyers work across 10 different time zones, responding to our clients wherever and whenever they need u
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1822
Broadwalk House, 5 Appold St, London EC2A 2HA, UK