Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Swindon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 16 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Swindon, UK
Job Type: Intern
Technical Marketing Engineer InternshipJob Description
This position is for a Technical Marketing Engineer Internship in Intel's Application Design Centre in Europe, located in Swindon, UK. We're looking for someone who has a keen interest in computer hardware and software and wants to do hands on work developing future computing platforms. You will be a member of a team which specializes in the design of hardware for a wide range of next generation Intel products. You will be involved in lab activities, working with the team and actively participating in customer support.
The day to day activities will include:
- Customer issue replication,
- Building and supporting Intel reference designs,
- Providing lab support to the team.
QualificationsThis is a 13 month fixed-term placement for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical background. This position is suitable for mainly electronic/computer engineering students who are currently in their 2nd year of studies as part of 4 years bachelor's degree or 5 year master degree which include a year working in the industry.
- Familiarity with computer architecture hardware/software from desktop to server hardware.
- Understanding of basic network architecture.
- Ability to build typical PC and server configurations, install typical operating systems including both Microsoft Windows* and various distributions of Linux*.
- Skills required for students enrolled on electronics engineering degree courses including ability to read and understand circuit schematics.
- Good understanding of practical electronics, soldering/rework of electronic boards.
- Basic testing and debug knowledge.
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies.
- Keen personal interest in computing and engineering.
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame with good attention to detail.- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Deeper knowledge of computer architecture processor architecture, registers, etc..- Debug and testing experience.
- Experience with computer interfaces PCIe, USB, etc..
- PCB rework/soldering experience with SMD components.
- Hands on experience of electronic test equipment, e.g. DVM, PSU, oscilloscopes and the ability to learn in-house tools.
- Understanding of Python, C++, C, x86 assembly language would be a strong advantage.- Project management experience.
- German language skills would also be an advantage.
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
Primary Location: Swindon, UK
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At Intel, building a better world is our business. Our mission is to utilize the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on earth while serving as a role model for how companies should operate.
We power amazing experiences through a diverse product line and exciting partnerships. Our strategy is a virtuous
- Technology & IT, Engineering & industrial
- in Swindon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1968