You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,999.0 per year
Brand and Consumer Insights Placement
How great would it be to gain experience with a global industry leader like The Walt Disney Company?
Whether it’s taking an in-depth look into what it’s like to be child today or investigating what our consumers think of Star Wars our days are filled with exciting projects and the knowledge that we are contributing to the continued success of one of the best loved brands in the world.
We have a research internship within the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) Brand and Consumer Insights team.
Every year the Research & Insight team hires the brightest individuals for a 12-month internship, offering the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in an incredibly successful company, working on exciting brands such as Disney, Disney Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars.
We are a team of around 40 researchers and analysts responsible for all the analytics, market and consumer research for EMEA. We also have many research colleagues working within each country who we speak to regularly. You will be one of 11 research interns that are hired across the whole team.
So what do we do?
The Research team’s core responsibility is to represent the voice of the consumer within the business. To deliver insights, market context and understanding to both our internal and external stakeholders, to help them better understand how consumers think, feel and behave.
We act as the experts on consumers to make sure our colleagues around the business can tailor their strategies to consumer needs, which in turn keeps Disney relevant, meaningful and successful.
We’re proud to have one of the best teams within Disney; we work hard but have fun at the same time.
What will you do?
Using a mixture of pre-existing insight, current and ongoing primary projects and your own research you will:
- Develop an understanding of consumer attitudes and behaviour (children, adolescents & adults)
- Deliver your own primary research project using quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Deliver multiple ‘thought leadership’ projects working independently to conduct desk research and deliver business relevant insight to stakeholders
- Present your work to multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the research team
What does a successful candidate look like?
- Beneficial (but not crucial) to be studying a degree such as Social Science(s), Sociology or Psychology
- Crucial to have a real interest in understanding people, an inquisitive nature and a desire to continually learn and personally/professionally develop
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good organisational and written skills
- Experience with PowerPoint
- Able to work independently and seek solutions to problems
- Curious and passionate, team player, flexible
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best
- A great community of interns – regular social events plus online groups to discuss housing, moving to London etc. before you join us
- Fantastic opportunities to work on charity projects - to take part in our Disney VoluntEar scheme; volunteering in a range of charitable activities within the community, and supporting our main charity, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Company-wide learning and development opportunities - e.g. Networking sessions, annual Learning Expo, Training sessions, External speakers
- Family and Friends Screenings – opportunities to see latest Disney films and series in our in-house cinema and the West End.
- Salary of £21, 000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Season Ticket loan and fabulous discounts on a range of affiliated Disney products and destinations
- You MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in September 2020
- You MUST have the existing right to work in the UK in place
Please click through to the following link to attach an up to date CV and your answers to the 3 following questions
- Why did you apply for a research and insights internship?
- What are your favourite and least favourite module(s) at University and why?
- What are you passionate about and why? (E.g. Hobbies, a current project you’re working on, an association you work for etc.)
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
FactSet helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. Whether our clients are at a meeting or on the road, they use FactSet to monitor global markets, public and private companies and equity and fixed income portfolios all in one place.
Our mission is to provide our clients with everything they need to do
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1978