You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,000.0 per year
Global media event company holds over 26 events across the globe, concentrating on the business of wholesale telecommunications. Our client is now looking for an Operations Coordinator to join their fast paced team in their London city head office.
Summary of role, key duties and responsibilities
As part of the events team you will be responsible for event management of small to large scale events, end to end, ensuring every aspect of their portfolio runs as smoothly as possible. This role will comprise dealing with venues, sponsors, suppliers, speakers and delegates on a day to day basis. You will be responsible for the on-site management of your events, thus giving you hands-on experience of an exciting range of projects. You will also have the opportunity to attend production meetings to see how events come together from start to finish. You may from time to time be asked to help on additional duties beyond your allocated events depending on the workload of the team.
This is a full time position and international travel is an essential part of the role. Travel will likely be to the Caribbean, USA, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Person - Key Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ideally some previous event operations experience or similar work experience
- Bright, confident individual with proven project management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Passion for events and a desire to learn more about the industry
- Able to quickly grasp new ideas, think on their feet and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills. Able to work independently and as part of a team within a pressurised environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong numeric skills - essential for budget and cost control
- Strong negotiation skills with venues, suppliers and sponsors
- Excellent organisational skills and most importantly, a drive to succeed is essential to assist in the smooth running of the event
- Able to work under pressure in a calm and patient manner. Have a flexible attitude and ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Lipton Media
Lipton Media is a niche media sales recruitment agency committed to unearthing the best talent across the b2b media sales market. We specialise in all forms of b2b media sales including conferences, exhibitions, awards, summits, publishing, digital, outdoor, TV, radio and business intelligence. Our clients range from small start-up companies
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- Founded in