You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Wireless Software Engineer Placement
Within Intel UK’s headquarters, join the Standard Wireless Access Team, part of Intel’s Data Centre Group, and work alongside world class experts to help shape and build the next generation of 4G and 5G mobile networks.
As part of the development, test and validation team you will learn to develop commercial grade software and apply these skills to:
- The design and implementation of performance optimized applications based on advanced instruction sets and used in mass-deployed base-stations;
- The development and maintenance of complex validation tools using state of the art Intel servers and equipment;
- The demonstration of 4G and 5G base-station products within a customer facing laboratory.
At Intel we offer an opportunity to participate in complex, multi-person projects. You will take responsibility for specific deliverables, aided by a supportive and collaborative environment.
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or similar subjects, and is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry.
You should have:
- Experience of programming languages, for example, C, C++, Matlab or Python and ideally some familiarity with Linux or a Unix based development environment.
- Interest in processor or server architecture, or mobile communication systems is a plus.
- You will be willing to take initiative and show dedication for your assigned work.
Intel makes possible the most amazing experiences of the future
You know us best for our processors. But we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth.
Throughout our proud history, Intel has continuously expanded the reach, influence and power of computing to improve people's everyday lives. With employees in 63 countries and customers in over 120 countries, Intel's products and services create the foundation for limitless invention. Intel is like no other company on the planet: our technology is a critical part of an increasingly interdependent ecosystem that creates and expands value for shareholders, partners, customers and society.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Get Into Teaching
Considering a career in teaching? Looking for help and advice on how to go about it? You've come to the right place.There are a range of routes into teaching and it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you. We can provide a comprehensive programme of support and guidance throughout the application process. Our services are complet
- Academia & Education
- in Oxford, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1985