- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance, risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The Data and Analytics (D&A) practice is a global team of experienced data experts with offices in key business hubs around the world providing intensive analytics and delivering strategic business solutions for client matters involving large and disparate sets of financial, operational and transactional data. Our objective is to make data tell a story, revealing truths underlying commercial disputes, regulatory inquiries and operational activities.
D&A consultants will be required to apply their knowledge in developing diverse solutions to numerous clients often in distressed situations. The areas of investigation include litigation, regulatory investigation, compliance, and accounting and fraud issues among many others.
- Identify, acquire, synthesise, mine and analyse diverse and voluminous client data
- Implement systems/processes to transform and consolidate disparate sets of data according to business rules
- Work both with senior elements and directly with clients and stakeholders to understand and identify their requirements
- Perform analytical work, individually and in project teams
- Guarantee the quality of the delivered work, by performing quality control checks and quality control documentation
- Implement and run data tasks such as: data analysis, predictive analysis, data visualisation
- Graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 bachelor’s degree in a subject that involves computer science, technology or data analytics
- Proficiency in RDBMS design and implementation (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or other)
- Proficiency in at least one SQL language extension (T-SQL, PL/SQL or other)
- Experience with scripting languages such as PERL or Python
- Ability to perform in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Passion for problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Ability to be a team player and interact with client personnel
- Willingness to research, analyse and develop new skills
- Flexibility with respect to assigned engagements and tasks due to changing deadlines, deliverables and priorities
- Awareness of accounting, finance and information system terminology
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), interpersonal and organisational skills
Candidates must be willing and able to travel at short notice
- Data visualisation experience
- Forensic investigations experience
- Mathematical or statistical analysis experience
- MBA or MSc in a field involving computer science, data analytics/science, or information systems
- Fluency in at least one language other than English
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
As a graduate in our globally-managed D&A team, you will have a development plan that follows our six-year framework. Through internal and external training you will build the capabilities required to perform and communicate intensive analyses on an evolving universe of structured data. We guide you in gaining certifications and recognised achievements such as SQL, programming languages and data visualisation. We have a global network of offices, as well as global clients, which gives you the opportunity to work overseas and to help grow our practices early in your career.
We can also offer you:
- A very competitive salary and benefits package
- The chance to be part of interesting and challenging projects that will develop your technical and professional capabilities
- The chance to work with experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds and expertise
- A well-defined career path with regular appraisals and professional guidance
FTI Consulting offers a competitive and attractive reward package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your full potential.
Applications close December 31 2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm that provides strategic advice to clients worldwide. The varied expertise of our employees makes our company a thought leader across a wide range of industries, providing us with the ability to offer expert advice and support to our clients in any situation. FTI has acted on behalf of companie
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1982
200 Aldersgate St, London, UK