- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
BGC Partners is a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets. They are experts in their fields, agile and dynamic in their approach, and built upon the foundation of cutting edge technology and exceptional talent.
BGC offers customers access to more than 200 financial products including fixed income securities, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange, equities, equity derivatives, credit derivatives, commercial real estate, commodities, futures, and structured products. It also provides a comprehensive range of services to the financial community, including trade execution, broker-dealer services, clearing, processing, information, and other back-office services.
BGC Partners is offering a brilliant opportunity for graduates to start a career as a Graduate Broker through their graduate programme. Starting in September, 2019.
The 12 Month rotational programme will give you an in depth experience of multiple asset classes, within the company. It will enable you to gain hands on experience of how the desks function, what is required in the role as a Graduate Broker and build your knowledge of the market/asset classes.
By the end of the programme you will be required to undertake CISI : Capital Market exams. Being Securities, UK Financial Regulation and Derivatives.
As a Graduate Broker you will then continue your training in the desk environment.
- Assisting the team by calculating prices
- Recording brokerage
- Interacting with customers
- Attending and contributing to team meetings to develop your knowledge of the marketplace relevant to your specific desk
As a valued member of the desk, your exposure will allow you to liaise and build the relationships needed to secure business from both existing and new customers based in London and worldwide. You will need to be able to work in a team, think quickly under pressure, be able to build long term relationships both internally and externally and have a head for numbers.
As a trusted partner to our customers, the role of a broker is an important one and the insight into the market along with the execution services you provide will enable you to build a successful career in one of the most vibrant and exciting sectors of the global financial markets. For a broker, no two days are ever the same.
A successful candidate will have the attributes below:
- A passion for working in global markets - specifically a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative trading floor environment
- A head for numbers - you don't need to be a rocket scientist but will need to perform basic maths quickly and confidently
- A natural communicator - both written and verbal - building relationships ideally comes easily to you
- Strong evidence of teamwork and the ability to thrive in a team setting
- A results-focused approach to work
- Personal and professional integrity
- Good attention to detail
- Proactivity and punctuality
- Prior experience working in banking or at a financial institution is beneficial, but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Experience with a world leading brokerage firm
- Private health insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Season ticket interest free loan
- Childcare vouchers
There are 4 stages to the BGC Graduate Broker application process:
- Online Application
- Video Interview
- Telephone Interview
- Assessment Centre
Applications for this programme are screened on a first-come first served basis so we strongly recommend getting your application in today.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BGC Partners
Headquartered in London and New York, BGC Partners (NASDAQ: BGCP) provides a wide range of services, including trade execution, broker-dealer services, clearing, processing, information and other back office services.
We offer our customers access to more than 200 financial products within fixed income securities, interest rate sw
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1945