You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,000.0 per year
Chiswick House and Gardens Trust (CHGT/the Trust) is an independent charity which was incorporated in 2004 by London Borough of Hounslow (LBH) and English Heritage Trust (EHT) to provide unified management for Chiswick House and its 65-acre Gardens in west London. Both House and Gardens are Grade I Listed.
The charitable objectives of CHGT are to advance education by the preservation, restoration, maintenance, repair and enhancement of the House and Gardens and their contents, for the benefit of the public, the historical and architectural heritage of England and for such purposes as are exclusively charitable according to the laws of England and Wales.
The aims of the charity are to:
- Respond primarily to the needs of the site, and its stakeholders and visitors
- Provide a higher standard of care, where the Grounds are gardened rather than merely maintained
- Promote the relevance of the House and Gardens to the broadest possible audience and offer increased opportunities for enjoyment, learning, volunteering and training
- Offer a site-focussed and operationally and financially leaner management approach than that provided prior to the establishment of the Trust management team
- Undertake concentrated fundraising for the site and generate additional income from the site which is re-invested in the House and Gardens
Each year CHGT needs to generate £1m through commercial activities and fundraising to supplement its grants from its key stakeholders, LBH and EHT.
The Development department has two key functions – to support the Director and Trustees in developing and delivering an overall strategy for the site, in partnership with CHGT’s two main stakeholders, London Borough of Hounslow and English Heritage Trust, and to increase revenue to CHGT through fundraising to meet revenue and capital needs.
CHGT’s current Five Year Objectives are financial self-sufficiency, increasing physical and intellectual access to the House and Gardens and excellent management and maintenance
The 2018-19 CHGT revenue fundraising target is £124,500 with income expected from the Patrons scheme, applications to Trusts and Foundations, on-site donations, memorial benches and the Chiswick House Friends.
Fundraising for capital projects outside the budget will be led by the Head of Development for organisational development and the development and launch of a Learning Programme for CHGT. Refurbishment and re-presentation of the Summer Parlour is also on the ‘wishlist’, depending on progress in other areas.
FUNDRAISING OFFICER: ROLE & RELATIONSHIPS
The fundraising officer will be a new full-time role at CHGT, reporting to the Head of Development who works in the Estate Office at Chiswick on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (with flexible availability at other times).
Responsibilities will include:
- Patrons scheme running the CHGT patrons scheme, including events; recruiting new members; providing excellent care with a view to cultivating major gifts and legacy giving
- On-site and online reviewing CHGT’s on-site and online donation systems with a view to improving them and increasing revenue. Consider/action text-funding, crowd-funding and public campaigns as agreed
- Legacy giving develop and promote a scheme to encourage legacy giving especially locally and amongst Patrons
- Memorial benches care for existing memorial bench donors and respond to new enquiries, run an efficient scheme with the help of the Gardening and Ranger teams
TRUSTS & FOUNDATIONS
- General working with the Head of Development to develop a programme of small to mid-level applications (<£30,000) to charitable trusts and foundations – research, write and submit bids, provide excellent care for funders, including all monitoring and reporting
- HLF take responsibility for HLF Resilient Heritage grant requirements, including monitoring, draw-down requests (with Finance department) and evaluation
- Corporate giving work with the Head of Development to consider encouraging support from companies, particularly locally (e.g. Chiswick Business Park) and implementing agreed strategy
- Ad-hoc support working closely with the Head of Development, Director and Trustees and providing support as necessary
- Record keeping keeping excellent records of fundraising activity and gifts in the CHGT information management system and shared drives
CHGT is looking for a capable, cheerful person who wants to be involved in the development of a new heritage organisation with all the hard-work and possibilities that this brings. In particular:
- Degree level education
- Excellent written, organisation, project management and presentation skills
- A passion for heritage and track-record in the sector, in particular the ability to present a persuasive case for support
- Self-motivation and determination, the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Self-administering with a good knowledge of MS Office, research tools and databases
- The ability to motivate and work very closely and effectively with a wide range of supporters and potential supporters and with senior management and trustees
- Political skills to work well with colleagues to achieve particular goals and to reconcile commercial targets with heritage policies
- Ideally 2 years experience of fundraising
The salary for this post will be in the range of £27,000-28,000 per annum depending on experience. In addition, the post holder will receive 25 days paid annual holiday and up to 5% contribution to an occupational pension scheme.
- Deadline for applications: noon, 17 September 2018
- First interviews: 25 September 2018
- Second interviews: 27 September 2018
Thank you for your interest in Chiswick House and Gardens Trust and this role. The Trust is a small charity with limited resources. If you do not hear from us by close of business on 19 September 2018, the Trust will not be inviting you for interview.
CHISWICK HOUSE & GARDENS TRUST
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.