You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,999.0 per year
12 Month and 6 Month Placement Opportunities
The BMW Group is one of the world’s leading car manufacturers with more than 120,000 employees in over 140 countries. With our brands, BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, we uphold a worldwide reputation for excellence in the premium segment of the automotive industry; that’s why more and more future talents choose a career with us. We take on over 100 placement students each year across the plants in our production network. Each of our placements last for a duration of either six or twelve months. Our production network consists of MINI Plant Oxford, MINI Plant Swindon and BMW Group Plant Hams Hall. Plant Oxford is one of the most modern and technically advanced car plants in the world and is the heart of MINI – while Plant Swindon is where MINI panels are pressed. BMW Plant Hams Hall manufactures small fuel efficient, low emission engines for BMW and MINI vehicles.
To ensure we are continually developing our workforce, we are looking for talented and motivated people who will inspire and shape our future business. At the BMW Group, we believe in creating an environment where you will learn by doing and where you are given your own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one and encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table –giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do. We are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and if you are on track for a 2:1 or 1st class final result.
We are looking for students who relish a challenge and seize the opportunity to display their potential in a dynamic environment. This year we are offering a number opportunities in the following areas:
- Communications & Events: As a placement student every day is different, you could be helping to communicate product and corporate news, planning media launches and arranging VIP and media plant tours. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate people to work across internal and external communications teams.
- Engineering & Manufacturing: As a placement student within engineering and manufacturing you will need to be interested in more than what you have learned at university; beyond your excellent grasp of how things are made, you will want to create real products that look, feel and function perfectly while continuing to delight their users long after they have left the factory. Our manufacturing placements are available in a number of departments including Innovation, Robotics, Quality, Maintenance and Assembly.
- IT: Our IT roles are diverse, covering software development, data science, IT infrastructure and service delivery.
- Logistics – Logistics placement roles can involve planning, implementing and controlling the efficient movement and storage of goods related to the company, as well as getting involved in new product integration. You will gain priceless experience in the field of supplier management and have the opportunity to develop your communication skills from interactions with suppliers, customers and internal departments.
- HR – In HR, placement students can expect to be responsible for numerous areas involved in managing people. This includes participation in the development, training and recruitment of all BMW Group employees to name a few. You will also have the opportunity to interface with management, participating in decision making processes and future planning which fuel the development of various bodies within BMW Group. An essential function for the company’s continual progress.
We offer a competitive salary of £17,500 and a range of benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a subsidised on-site restaurant. As a placement student you will also have the opportunity to take part in the testing of new vehicles through one of our car schemes. Throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts in your chosen field, as well as being surrounded by many fellow placement students.
The application process is as follows:
- Stage 1: Online application form*
- Stage 2: Online ability tests (To be completed within 5 days of receipt)
- Stage 3: Telephone interview with the recruitment team
- Stage 4: Face to face interview with the hiring manager or attendance at an assessment center
*If you do not complete the free text questions your application will not be reviewed.
Please be aware that we complete rolling recruitment. As such, those candidates that have made an early application and have successfully moved through the recruitment process will be invited to the first face to face interviews.
Please note that our Undergraduate placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us.
About BMW Group
The BMW Group is one of the world’s leading car manufacturers with more than 120,000 employees in over 140 countries. With our brands, BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, we uphold a worldwide reputation for excellence in the premium segment of the automotive industry; that’s why more and more future talents choose a career with us.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
FactSet helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. Whether our clients are at a meeting or on the road, they use FactSet to monitor global markets, public and private companies and equity and fixed income portfolios all in one place.
Our mission is to provide our clients with everything they need to do
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1978