You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
They are looking for an Assistant Business Controller with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of growth in their business. Reporting to the Trading and Shipping Business Controller the successful candidate will play a key role in analysing, reporting and forecasting financial results especially cash flow and working capital.
• Produce high quality, relevant management reporting, variance analysis and KPIs for the Energy Trading business to explain to senior management and the ITS Board the results
• Embed cash awareness in the Trading and Shipping business team by increasing awareness, developing forecasting and analytical models to ensure that improving cash flow is treated as a high priority
• Produce accurate weekly cash forecasts for the Energy Trading business to support the making of correct business decisions and optimise cash
• Work with the Senior Management team to ensure efficient working capital management, drive working capital improvements and to optimise cash flow of the business
• Drive forecasting improvement by reviewing and learning from variances to support business decision making
• Support the annual planning and budgeting process for the Trading and Shipping business to ensure the production of an accurate annual plan that has been clearly explained and analysed
• Ensure that gaps between strategic plan and annual plans are understood and support senior managers in identifying actions to close any such gap
• Translate the annual plan & budget into financial and non-financial targets for each asset, function and business/product stream ensuring the Plan can be monitored at all levels
• Lead the process to collect and collate information for the monthly Trading & Shipping financial forecast to provide senior managers with the latest view on the predicted results for the year
• Provide high quality business analysis to alert senior managers to potential deviations from strategic financial objectives for a given business area
• Deliver through others by challenging assumptions and leading improvements in forecasts and developing relationships with contacts across the business
• Develop a robust control environment by proactively identifying financial and business control issues, implementing internal control processes and reviewing compliance with such processes
• Work closely with the Legal department and Business development team to help negotiate Gas & Power EFET agreements, providing key input on termination clauses, Material Adverse Change triggers and Credit Support
• Manage the settlements process within the new risk management trading system
• Liaise with accounts payable / receivable / treasury to ensure payments and receipts are processed accordingly and reflected correctly within SAP
• Consider the potential FX exposure within the portfolio and review appropriate processes for reporting FX exposure and managing the execution process for hedging
• Support and advise the Business controller, Business Managers and commercial team on financial management and business processes, including financial business systems, business process design and engineering
• University Graduate or equivalent
• Qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
• Experience in an international company, having had exposure to management accounting & analysis
• Ability to communicate at a technical accounting level as well as at a business level
• Analytical mindset and problem solving approach
• System knowledge and experience - SAP, Qlikview, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Sheridan Maine
Sheridan Maine is a specialist Finance and Accountancy Recruitment Consultancy.
We provide specialist support and advice across Permanent, Contract and Interim positions and manage key assignments for a broad range of clients including many of the top FTSE 100 companies.
We currently operate out of locations in London,
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2001
Holborn, London, UK