- Yeovil, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Business Graduate Development Program, based in Yeovil, is designed to support your first steps after leaving university and to help you develop your career. Through a comprehensive two-year program, you will have the chance to gain a complete understanding of the organisation and be involved in real challenges from day one. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field, while always being encouraged to use your initiative.
Typically your placements will consist of 3-6 month rotations across the Finance department including the opportunity to do an external placement elsewhere in the business. The Finance graduate scheme is a fantastic way to gain practical experience in a wide spectrum of financial disciplines which a direct entry position cannot always offer. Additionally, you can begin to build a network of contacts, which will assist you in your future development.
Alongside the core placements, the graduate scheme supports your personal development, such as DISC profiling and personal branding workshops, all with the aim of making you in to an all-round professional.
Upon successfully completing the scheme, the plan is to transition you into a full time role within the company, with a vision to progress within Leonardo.
Please note that the nature of the graduate programme is very much a development role, therefore the responsibilities outlined below are not an exhaustive list and is very much subject to change.KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Responsibilities may include:
- Compilation of the price of contracts
- Investigating disputed invoices
- Interpreting raw financial information and creating analysis to assist managerial decision-making
- The use of both Excel and other more specialist software to assist in the analysis of financial information
- Working with other departments around the company to both gather financial information from them but also provide financial information to them
- Investigating problems and reaching solutions to resolve them, plus prevent their reccurrence
- Carry out period end activities, where required
- The ability to analyse and interpret financial information
- The ability to present analysis in a way that helps managerial decision-making
- The ability to work strongly in both an individual and a team environment
- The ability to communicate with people of all levels
- The confidence that the analysis you have created is of value
- The confidence to deal with extremely large numbers – typically talking tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions
- The enthusiasm to get involved with the interesting opportunities that the function offers
- The ability to investigate complex issues and get a solution
- Medium to high proficiency on Excel and the desire to learn about using additional software
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Industry experience beneficial but not essential
- Tenacity, fresh thinking and enthusiasm
- Analytical mind
- A strong team player
- Conscientious and keen to learn
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in finance
- Must have been a permanent UK resident for a minimum of the past five years in order to meet security requirements
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelors or Masters
- The Leonardo Helicopter Graduate Development Programme is a two year programme that allows graduates to complete a number of 3-6 month placements designed to provide practical experience within the organisation
- Alongside this, graduates complete a number of development activities at company and group level, which aim to ensure a smooth integration into the company whilst providing essential skills, knowledge and networking opportunities.
- With over 230 trainees at Leonardo Helicopters, from apprentices to graduates, a thriving social network exists with regular organised social events to integrate newcomers
- Graduates will be based primarily within our Yeovil manufacturing HQ in Somerset, but potential opportunities for secondments and international travel exist
- Support for relocation is available
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension scheme
- Travelled and worked in Italy
- Worked on several bids including ones of significant value
- Being the main point of contact for the MoD auditors
- Forged strong working relationships with a number of senior finance managers
- Facilitated and successfully ran a two-day Excel training course
- Redesigned the way that intercompany trade balances are analysed and then translating this and training this process to Accenture in Italy
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Yeovil, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948