- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Global Markets Summer Internship Programme
Internships are a great opportunity to experience first-hand the possibilities of a career in banking. It is your chance to get a feel for our culture, create new networks and gain valuable on-the-job training. Internships are also the perfect preparation for a subsequent full time role. Nomura will extend full time offers to strong performers.
Global Markets Summer Analysts are provided with the opportunity to rotate across Trading, Structuring, Sales and Research.
Summer Analysts will receive extensive training to enhance the skills that they need to perform well during their internship. The programme includes training in Financial Markets, Bloomberg, Excel, Conduct Risk and a variety of division specific activities.
Throughout the Internship Programme you will be supported both by a buddy, mentor and dedicated programme management team.
What’s your role?
- Sales: Developing and maintaining strong relationships with institutional clients, including pension funds, hedge funds, insurance companies and other corporate clients.
- Trading: Assisting traders in buying and selling securities in the secondary market on behalf of clients or the firm; market making and capital commitment.
- Structuring: Designing and developing innovative products and strategies for Nomura’s clients, in partnership with the trading function, to create a risk management strategy for structured transactions and, together with sales, to create a marketing strategy for our products.
- Research: Collecting, analysing and assessing industry and company information to assist the research analysts in providing market insight and investment ideas for institutional investors and internal clients.
What are we looking for?
At Nomura, our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit graduates and interns with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment.
As an intern, you should be in your penultimate/final year at university and on track to achieve a 2:1 or equivalent.
To apply for a 2019 summer internship position, candidates should be available for full time employment in August 2019 or 2020.
Fluency in English is essential.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By ‘Connecting Markets East & West’, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Ba
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1925
1 Angel Ln, London EC4R 3AB, UK
Your personalised job suggestions
Internship at Credit Suisse