- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The overview:A new opportunity is now available for a Data Engineer to join Centrica Hive in London.
In this role, you will be working in a small team of data engineers, evolving a green-field Data Platform based on open-source components, to service Connected Home’s core products. The platform is Connected Homes’ end-to-end data solution from ingesting data from internet-of-things sensors, energy meters and other high volume sources; validating and storing data; aggregating information, providing a platform to run data-science algorithms; and delivering information to products; third parties and other systems.
The role:What will you be up to?
You will be writing production quality code including extensive test coverage, designing data systems that will scale to large numbers of users, interfacing with Data Scientists and porting machine learning algorithms to production systems. You will also peer review other engineer’s code to ensure quality, deploy services to staging and production environments; and you will be supporting production services including participation in the 24/7 out of hours support rota.
The person:You have the following background:
- Good knowledge of Java or Scala or Python and multi threaded programming
- Quick learner with eagerness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies
- Basic Mathematical ability to understand linear algebra
- Willing to learn Data Science algorithms and produce code to implement them at scale
- Willing to learn and work on the following technologies: AWS, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with deployment & container technologies including GoCD, Jenkins, Docker etc
- Interest in Real time and distributed systems
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Centrica plc is an international energy and services company with around 27 million customer accounts and a worldwide workforce of over 36,000 employees. It operates mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, Bord Gáis and Direct Energy.
Centrica is a top 50 FTSE 100 company focused on satisf
- Engineering & industrial
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997