You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Sheffield, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Shiregreen Medical Centre are looking for a Part time experienced Practice Nurse, 20 hours per weekWe are a progressive 2 site training Practice in the North of Sheffield, with a list size of 8,100 and are part of a 6 Practice Federation planning towards the future. We are a friendly busy 3 Partner Practice with surgeries in the Shiregreen and Pitsmoor areas of the city. We utilise the EMIS PCS clinical System, leading to a high reliance on the use of IT for the management of patient appointments and medical records. This is an extremely exciting time to join our Practice and we are looking for a forward thinking, experienced Practice Nurse who can work with us to ensure that we continue to progress, develop and work innovatively within our diverse community.
Our Nursing Team currently consists of one experience Practice Nurse, two newly Qualified GPN Ready Nurses, 3 HCA’s who are led by our Clinical Nurse Manager, who is an ANP
We have a vacancy for a part time enthusiastic Practice Nurse to join our clinical team who will be involved in the development and delivery of the nurse led service preventing illness and providing personal medical services to our patients. Previous Practice Nurse experience is essential and experience of mentoring newly qualified nurses would be desirable.
Days of work are negotiable, however it will be necessary for some hours to be worked on Tuesday and Fridays
General job responsibilities will include the following, though this is not an exhaustive list:
- Assist in and perform routine tasks related to patient care as directed by GPs
- Clinics with “book on the day” and routine appointments
- Chronic Disease Management
- Family Planning
- Wound care/ulcer care/Doppler
- Removal of Sutures
- New Patient Medicals/Urinalysis
- Travel Clinic
- Asthma/Peak Flow Readings/Spirometry
- Hypertension Management
- Ear syringing
- Routine immunizations/Childhood immunisations
- Undertake home visits for patients as required
- Chaperoning and assisting patients where appropriate who are being examined by another clinician
- Requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs
- Following agreed clinical protocols with referral to GPs as appropriate
- Participation in administrative systems in the Practice
- At all times there will be a need to maintain accurate records
- Attend and participate in any Practice meetings when required.
- Any other delegated duties appropriate to the post
We would welcome informal enquires and should you wish to visit the Practice, please contact the Operations Manager, Angie Baker, Call 01142 456 123 OR e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type:Part timePay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Nursing & Midwifery Registered
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948