You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
A Leading Multi-Bn$ Hedge Fund with an exceptional reputation are currently looking for an experienced Hedge Fund Middle Office / Operations Specialist to join the team in Mayfair. Our Client has a 10+ years track record and is positioned as one of the top 5 Hedge Funds in Europe with a global presence. They are also in the process of launching 3 new funds bringing a complete multi-asset class coverage to the firm.
We are looking for a degree educated candidate with around 5-8 Years HEDGE FUND Middle Office / Operations experience. The position requires SME level experience and and will have a strong Project focus supporting the Operations Manager at both a strategic and project level.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the Projects and Support provided to the London traders for the Operations department
- Assist Operations Manager at a Senior level owning projects and supporting the London based Operations Associates (Currently 8 People)
- Understand the trade flow process for all products traded for different funds/accounts and the roles of Prime Brokers, clearers and administrators
- Investigate errors and inefficiencies to improve existing processes or create new ones
- Be able to prioritize and make sure that all tasks are done in a timely manner with every checklist item covered by EOD.
- Ensure that all new trades booked on the Blotter or Titan are matched with trade recaps (electronic platforms where applicable) and captured in Portfolio Management System and administrator’s systems correctly
- Process unwinds and novations as per FO requests on the Blotter and in Mwire/ICE
- Resolve trade discrepancies and any position related queries with FO, Product Control, Market Risk, Administrators or Counterparties
- Monitor expiry reports and broker notifications for all products held by traders, liaise with FO and process expiries
- Understand FIX connections with applicable brokers and be able to resolve any issues relating to them
- Process electronic file uploads for voice trades with applicable brokers
- Monitor group inbox and process emails relating to Tradeflow team, including trade recaps, upload messages, queries, requests, reports etc
- Monitor MTM, Mwire, ICE, Omgeo and Titan Alert and ensure that all trades are matched and affirmed on trade date, otherwise chase counterparties or traders for any outstanding actions and monitor the deals until done
- Process wire transfers as authorized
- Monitor bonds and repo settlements and closely work with custodians and Prime Brokers to resolve any issues
- Assist the Operations Managers with projects as required
- Education, Skills and Experience
- 5-8 year experience within an investment bank or hedge fund, preferably with the knowledge of Fixed Income, OTC Derivatives and or Equity Derivatives
- Ability to cultivate relationships both internally and externally to support the business requirements.
- An individual adept to knowledge sharing with other team members.
- A fast thinking and analytical individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work well with other members of the division.
- Quick decision making skills and willingness to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Ability to work under pressure
Our Client has an amazing working culture where everyone has a voice to make improvements and equally gains recognition for their achievements.
Any candidate concerned about accrued bonus for 2018 should still apply. We are happy to discuss further.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.