- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Your graduate programme will be spent learning about the role that a Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) advisor plays in guiding clients through a wide range of critical business transactions and to contribute to the transactions and business development that the team will be involved in.
At Mazars, our advisory team focusses on originating transactions, structuring, negotiating and managing deals for a diverse variety of clients. We operate across all industry sectors and our clients range from private individuals and owner-managed businesses, to large multinationals.
Your time will be split between working in the office and studying for your professional exams, with meetings at client and other Mazars offices. As an M&A Trainee, you will be supporting Partners and Managers to deliver excellent client service.
Your typical daily duties will include:
- Preparing transaction documentation, including business plans and financial forecasts
- Researching potential acquirers, targets and investors
- Supporting the project management of live transactions
- Supporting the team in marketing and business development activity
- Researching and preparing for new deal opportunities and pitches
- Developing your knowledge of the key processes involved in completing mergers, acquisitions, disposals, management buyouts and capital raising
- Ensuring sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications
- Developing communication skills and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Attending client meetings and networking events
- Attending in-house technical training as required
- Gaining an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Attending college during exam periods
Training and support
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification (CA in Scotland).
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. Benefits
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Start date: September 2019.
What we are looking for
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?:
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Your years at Mazars... Years that count
These years are the ones that will shape you, that will push you forward, that will leave a mark on you. They allow you to travel, to venture and to contribute to a growing business. We will support you through your professional qualification and develop your global employability skills. You w
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- Founded in 1940
TOWER BRIDGE HOUSE, 2 St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London, UK