- Luton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 06 Jan, 2019
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Electronic Warfare business as part of our 2019 Graduate intake. A world leader in electronic systems, our advanced technology is defining the next generation of products as well as being installed on existing helicopters, fast-jet and unmanned air vehicles. Following new product launches and the award of key contracts we are looking for the next generation of motivated and adaptable graduate software engineers to join our growing software community.
Our technology helps define and extend the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Our research and innovation is defining and shaping future Air, Land and Sea products and platforms.
Our life-saving defensive aid suites are fitted on all of the UK's military helicopters, including the Army's battle-tested Apache and the Royal Navy's new AW159 Wildcats.
Our products help return service men and women safely home to their families.
You will be exposed to the latest tools, technologies and processes with the opportunity to influence the future path of software development within Leonardo. This could be developing real-time embedded software on a complex aircraft protection system, sophisticated analysis and support tools running in a PC desk-top environment or contributing ideas to innovate the next generation of products.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuous
Key Responsibility Areas
- Working alongside other developers in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding your responsibilities will include:
- Growing and applying your knowledge of software engineering as part of an Integrated Project Team.
- Developing practical skills in design techniques for land, sea or aerospace applications.
- Managing your personal development towards attaining professional standards and registration within a relevant body.
- Supporting early careers activities - our graduates have the opportunity to work as STEM ambassadors in schools, colleges and universities.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering or a higher relevant degree such as a MSc. or PhD.
- Need to have an understanding of software engineering principles with knowledge of programming in one or more software language(s).
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and have the confidence and ability to challenge and contribute.
- Have an enthusiasm and passion for software development.
- Be able to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948