You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Watford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 21 Jan, 2019
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The BRE Centre for Smart Homes and Buildings is a collaborative hub for industry, academia and government. It works to accelerate the use of smart products and services in the built environment, maximise the benefits for all and address common challenges in the Internet of Things (IoT) market.
This is an exciting role for someone with a keen interest in smart technologies who wants to be at the forefront of researching the performance of smart homes and buildings and emerging technologies. You will support research across a wide range of topics including energy, health and wellbeing, safety and security, connectivity, interoperability, privacy and reliability.
The role of the Research Assistant will be to:
- Perform research on a range of topics around smart homes and buildings, including both theoretical research and hands on practical work such as system design, integration and testing
- Support the creation and development of physical demonstrator projects on the BRE Innovation Park
- Regular market reviews of smart home and building products and updating relevant databases and reports
- Support the writing of reports and articles based on the research and your own recommendations.
- Help develop and identify suitable content including administration for the Centre for Smart Homes & Buildings website
- Help scope new research projects.
Skills and Experience
The candidate should have:
- A degree, or higher degree, in computing science or similar
- An inquisitive and exploring mind, with a passion for understanding how things work (or why they don’t!!!)
- Capable of independent, self-driven and methodical research
- Ability to understand complex, multi-disciplinary systems
- Good communication skills and a commitment to team work.
- Experience with modelling software such as MATLAB would be an advantage.
Experience in one or more of the following areas: Internet of Things analytics, Embedded systems, Wireless Sensor Networks, Security and network protocols, Distributed computing systems, Network simulation and algorithm optimisation.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BRE Group
We are an innovative group of researchers, scientists, engineers and technicians who share a common goal – to make the built environment better for all.
We generate new knowledge through independent research. This is used to create the products, standards and qualifications that help to ensure buildings, homes and com
- Property & Construction, Telecommunications, Science & Research
- Watford, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1921
Bucknalls Ln, Bricket Wood, Watford WD25 9NH, UK