Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Bournemouth, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Package: Neogotiable (DOE) + Bonuses + Benefits Package
Amigo was started on a spare desk in the corner of a shared office in 2005, we have now grown to 280 people, serving over 300,000 borrowers, paying out over £1bn. Today, Amigo Loans is one of the UK’s most successful and innovative lenders. We have delivered staggering financial performance, a customer focused product and an award winning employee experience. We are now known as the number one loan provider for anyone who has been declined by their bank.
Amigo is a guarantor loan company with a simple idea – if your friends trust you, so will we.
Working at Amigo is not just a job, it’s a cause. We believe that good people should be able to borrow fairly, flexibly and affordably, no matter what a computer credit score says.
By keeping things simple, we make life easier. We focus on what’s important and nothing else, we solve real world problems, and we treat our customers, and each other, as we want to be treated.
- This role is for an entrepreneurial data and credit professional to lead our Decision Science team.
- Inform strategic and tactical decision making across our marketing, acquisition and credit management teams. Focus on key value driving challenges and set the agenda to solve them.
- The team uses both empirical and statistical modelling techniques to develop new products and iterate existing products to improve competitive advantage and improve operational efficiency and customer experience
- The team will be focused on understanding, measuring, and predicting consumer behaviour.
- Manage projects end to end including through to operational delivery.
- Plan projects and organize the best use of team resources to get maximum value for the business.
- Ensure that our customers and customer experience is forefront in our thinking and how we approach projects.
- Represent the team in explaining to other business departments what the team is doing, progress reports and how the team projects will impact both customers and revenue/costs.
What you’ll do:
- Work to further the understanding of our consumer’s behaviour relating to the services provided by amigo.
- Manage / co-ordinate resources for the operational implementation of projects.
- Defining statistical and analytical projects that directly drive business performance improvement and profitability.
- Project based delivery of statistical and empirical analytics, creating implementation ready proposals
- Active role in new policy development to support product and operational innovation.
- Data warehouse interrogation, data collection, sample selection and preparation
- Quickly become a subject matter expert on the data quality of the business and be a stakeholder in ensuring it’s fit for purpose.
- Explain the technical aspects of statistics and analytics to the team and wider as required in a clear and concise manner
- Champion innovation in our statistical modelling techniques
- Clear project planning and engagement of stakeholders
- Define our future Credit Bureau Data and other 3rd party data requirements
- Promote an analytical culture
- Coach and mentor junior analysts
- Ensure projects are completed in defined timescales
Key working relationships & Communications
- Acquisition / Marketing teams
- Analytics team
- Technology & data warehouse teams
- Credit Bureau and marketing data suppliers
- Consulting partners where appropriate
Formal Education & Certification
- Numerical degree minimum, post graduate numerical degree preferred, Masters Degree or Phd.
- Technical Certification in interrogation software preferred (R, SQL, Python, SAS).
Knowledge & Experience
- In depth knowledge of the underserved credit market in the UK.
- Knowledge of logistic and linear regression techniques to a post graduate standard.
- Highly numerate and detail oriented.
- Track record of entrepreneurial product and analytical innovation.
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of modelling techniques and the circumstances in which they apply.
- Competent using statistical software (Base SAS and statistical modules or equivalent R, SQL, Python).
- Understand that the statistical techniques are to be used to improve commercial value.
- A sound knowledge of consumer credit (CONC) FCA obligations.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework in the UK, for data usage.
- PC literate. MS Excel to an advanced level.
- Experience of web and big data interrogation an advantage.
What we offer:
- We give ownership, resources and responsibility to people and ask them to work hard and dedicate themselves to their role.
- Business Performance Bonus
- Health Care Policy
- Contributory Pension
- Free Gym Membership
- Google Style Offices including a Fantastic Subsidised Cafe
- In House Massage Therapist & Hair Stylist
- Additional day holiday each year
- Free VIP tickets to Bestival, Camp Bestival and Common People
- For all staff with over one year’s service: Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles, properties in France, Shoreditch and a beach hut in Mudeford.
- Amigo offer incredible benefits, however, we want you to work for us because you want to work for the best. Not the benefits.
Salary Competitive - DOE - Quarterly performance & pay review
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Do you have marketing ideas that you cannot deliver because of your technology, inaccessible data or lack of development resources?
Amigo is a cloud-based marketing technology platform that turns your marketing ideas into brilliant digital experiences quickly and cost effectively.
It is easy to implement, requires no o
- Advertising, Marketing & PR
- in Bournemouth, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in