- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
About GRAHAM Construction
People who work in Commercial Management are called Quantity Surveyors. GRAHAM Construction operates throughout the UK and Ireland. We pride ourselves in delivering value for money and innovative solutions for our clients.
Quantity Surveying at GRAHAM Construction is a highly varied role involving all divisions of the business from Building to Civils and Interior Fit Out.
As a forward thinking organisation, GRAHAM are actively involved in new energy markets such as wind, energy from waste, biomass and hydro, as well as the nuclear decommissioning market.
- Studying Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management to degree level at university.
- Demonstrate an understanding of construction management practices.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
What does a Quantity Surveyor do?
A Quantity Surveyor makes sure that the financial position of construction projects are accurately reported and controlled effectively. They manage the contractual relationships between the various parties involved in any particular project.
- Check and process sub-contract payments for work completed.
- Ensure that Subcontractors are not charging for work that wasn’t completed.
- Produce schedules of what materials etc. are needed to complete a project so that these can be ‘bought’ from sub-contractors.
- Prepare and manage the accounts for projects.
- Liaise with those onsite to obtain site records and reconciling these against works claimed.
- Agree changes with Client’s commercial team.
- Deal with all legal contracts and their clauses for a project.
Our industrial placements can last from 3-12 months, dependent on your college/university curriculum. On your placement you will be given the support, guidance and experience which will lay the foundations for a great future in Commercial Management. This includes a structured learning programme and experience in a variety of Commercial Management environments. Show us what you can do and your placement could lead to a company scholarship award and an offer of employment when you graduate.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The company has a proud heritage of traditional skills and values fused with professional manag
- Property & Construction
- in Warrington, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1778
Your personalised job suggestions
Placement at Mace Group