- Chippenham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
This role provides exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle whilst working alongside many experienced and highly-skilled engineers. The role allows a certain amount of creativity to deliver innovative solutions to some of the challenges which the business faces. Key responsibilities include analysing software requirements, modelling software components, delivering high quality working code, implementing test cases and assisting with generating product documentation.
- A personalised development plan and regular progress reviews.
- Professional training and development courses – internal and external.
- Secondments for hands-on business and technical experience and learning.
- Further and higher education support to gain additional or professional qualifications.
- We also currently run a Chartered Engineering Programme to support engineers to achieve professional registration with the UK Engineering Council as an IEng (Incorporated Engineer) or CEng (Chartered Engineer).
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Life and health insurance.
- An employee assistance programme.
- A lifestyle package offering discounted goods and services.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics UK is one of the UK’s leading defence companies, and an important supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD).
General Dynamics UK is committed to delivering cutting-edge capability to the UK Ministry of Defence and to customers overseas - ensuring those operating on the frontline can do so effectively.
- Public Services & Army, Engineering & industrial
- Blackwood, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1962