- Winsford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 38,000.0 per year
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Posting Location: Winsford CW7 2PA
Region: North West
Salary for Applicants: £37,920
Hours: Full Time (2085 hours per annum)
Closing Date: 23 November 2018
Apply Method: Email App
A vacancy has arisen for a mechanical maintenance technician to be part of a team contributing to the engineering function carrying out statutory examination, maintenance, repair and installation to a range of equipment and ensuring legal compliance for the mine.
The successful candidate will be a time served Mechanical/Electrical Technician, qualified to a recognised standard, with experience in mechanical maintenance work and a strong understanding of heavy plant and machinery. Ideally the candidate will have a heavy industrial background and enjoy working in a critical busy environment possessing excellent fault finding skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Routine maintenance and inspection to existing plant to ensure machine availability is maximised.
- Repairs in breakdown situations in order to minimise downtime and return plant to production.
- Undertake fault finding to a diverse range of electrical equipment on all underground plant and equipment to understand and resolve problems returning the equipment back into operation in a safe manner whilst minimising lost time.
- Undertake electrical installation work for new plant or carry out modifications to existing plant in compliance with required standards.
- Provide cover for shaft and surface operations as required.
- Perform a range of other cross skilled work such as rigging, burning, welding to maximise contribution to the business and minimise lost time.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner at all times and ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and improved.
- Compliance with all statutory and Company instructions
- Continuously comply with and improve all procedures relating to environmental health and safety.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
What you will need:
Candidates will have completed an Mechanical Apprenticeship and have a solid maintenance engineering background within a heavy industrial environment.
Other Skills and knowledge:
- Fault finding
- IT skills
- Good communication
Our client is a leading provider of essential minerals that solve nature's challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety and other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses, and specialty plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops. The Company produces its minerals at locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Brazil and the U.K. Though the Company’s history stretches back as far as 1844, our client became a public Company in December 2003. The Company is part of the S&P MidCap 400 Index, the Russell 1000 Index and named one of Forbes’ 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America in 2015 and 2016, our client’s mission is to be the best essential minerals Company by delivering safely where and when it matters.
Our client is located in Cheshire and offers a range of document management and archiving solutions. Established in 1998, their business offering is centred around the country’s biggest salt mine. This has resulted in them having an extremely unique storage offering for their clients. The mine itself is proven to be the ideal environment for storing a range of materials from documentation through to historical artefacts.
We are offering an excellent package with a competitive base salary. Other benefits include 26 days holiday and 8 paid Bank Holidays per annum, private medical insurance and Company pension.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Flat Fee Recruiter
Flat Fee Recruiter really is a no-brainer!
Driven to deliver the best (and most affordable) recruitment solutions in the market, we are firmly positioned as a supplier of choice by thousands of companies, who want to get maximum internet and job board reach for their vacancies.
We pride ourselves on service - no job is too great (
- Recruitment & HR
- in Winsford, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2011