You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Team overview:Ashurst's securitisation practice forms part of a wider Global Markets Group. It sits alongside and works closely with Ashurst's debt capital markets and derivatives and structured products practices.
The core areas of the team cover securitisations (RMBS/CMBS/auto loans/consumer credit, prime/non-performing), whole business securitisations, covered bonds, CLOs and trade receivables. The practice covers true sale and synthetic structures.
Job overview:The associate will work primarily with partners in London and Europe who specialise in various types of structured finance transactions across different asset classes.
You must be willing to be flexible and should be enthusiastic about working in new product areas. The job offers exposure to multiple different clients, sectors and associated financing techniques.
The role will offer the opportunity to work with sponsors, arrangers, debt investors, corporates, banks, government and credit enhancement providers.
The role will also involve working closely with other groups within Ashurst, including corporate, restructuring, banking, financial regulatory and tax.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified mid-level Associate with proven post-qualification experience at a major law firm.
- Experience of advising on structured finance transactions preferred but not essential.
- Good organisational skills and experience in transaction management.
- Excellent academic track record.
- Excellent client relationship skills and experience of business development.
- Confidence in conducting commercial negotiations with counterparties.
- A collegiate team-player who works effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Advising a UK bank on its inaugural public securitsation of residential mortgages.
- Advising a UK bank on the implementation of a securitisation warehouse to fund originations of buy-to-let mortgages.
- Advising the funders on a cross-border trade receivables securitisation established by a European industrial group;
- Advising a European bank on the securitisation of a €500 million portfolio of non-performing commercial real estate loans.
- Advising a European bank on the securitisation of a €9 billion portfolio of non-performing mixed loans and the establishment of an independent servicing platform.
- Advising a leading investment firm on the issue of £65 million secured mezzanine notes in relation to a portfolio of UK-based student accommodation.
- Advising Andorra Banc Agricol Reig SA on the establishment of its €500 million Covered Bond Programme and debut issue of €100 million 2017-1 Series Covered Bonds.
- Advising ANZ Banking Group on its London-listed Covered Bond Programmes.
- Advising the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs on the landmark £4.2 billion Thames Tideway Tunnel project, including the terms of the Government Support Package.
- Advising the syndicate of lenders (including BAML, Barclays and Morgan Stanley) and the private placement noteholders on a £2 billion WBS financing in connection with National Grid's disposal of its UK gas distribution business (Cadent Gas).
- Allianz Global Investors
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Cheyne Capital
- Her Majesty's Government, including Her Majesty's Treasury (acting through the Infrastructure and Projects Authority)
- Mitsubishi UFJ
- Morgan Stanley
Job Opening date Tuesday 2nd October 2018
Job Closing date Tuesday 30th October 2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships we offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. Our 400 partners and further 1,000 lawyers work across 10 different time zones, responding to our clients wherever and whenever they need u
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1822
Broadwalk House, 5 Appold St, London EC2A 2HA, UK