- London, UK
- Posted on 29 Jul, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Uscreates is the go-to service design agency for better health and wellbeing. We work with people to design better ways of working, better services, better experiences, and ultimately better futures. We have supported hundreds of public sector organisations, charities and companies committed to health improvement. We do this through service transformation, public and patient engagement, digital innovation, change management, capability building, and prevention and early intervention. We have recently facilitated BBC Radio 4’s The Fix show which uses design to address society’s complex social issues, and have won the NHS England Healthcare Transformation Award 2017.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to join some of our projects. The candidate should be passionate and interested in digital innovation for social impact, and should have at least 5 years of practical experience as a full stack developer on projects that align with the Government Digital Service’s Digital Service Standards Manual. The candidate will initially be contracted on a project-by-project basis, with the potential to become a permanent hire.
Specific tasks will include
- Attend workshops, huddles, meetings and presentations with users, stakeholders and clients
- Interpret user research and insight to develop effective digital solutions
- Work closely with the research, engagement and design team to build solutions that meet the needs of the end users
- Work with UX designer as tech lead to verify functionality and feasibility of wireframes and concepts
- Build digital products and services across platforms and devices
- Set up and manage content management systems
- Implement branding and visual styling provided by the design team across digital products and services
- Engage in testing, piloting and iteration processes with end users and wider stakeholders
- Support with the design of product/service feedback loops
- Support with the process to pass GDS assessment
Please send your CV (including the role you are interested in and a list of languages/technologies you are familiar with), and samples of your projects (along with an indication of your level of involvement/role)
Salary: CompetitiveWho we are looking for
- Strong knowledge and experience of interacting with SQL Server and an ORM framework.
- Knowledge of Android/iOS mobile development.
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing and version control with a demonstrable experience of using Git as a VCS.
- Familiar with APIs, including OAuth, REST, SOAP, XML and/or JSON.
- A good understanding of diverse technical options to ensure secure, integrated and compatible digital solutions.
- Experience in the ‘end to end’ process of building digital products and services – from Alpha to Live
- Proficient knowledge of mapping languages and technologies: Bing Maps, Google Maps, OpenStreetMap.
- Strong understanding of sematic HMTL and producing accessibly code as outlined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Strong understanding of the browser, device and operating systems capability in order to deliver cross-browser compatible, gracefully degrading code.
- Knowledge of Wagtail is desirable.
- Experience of digital campaign strategy (including social) is desirable.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, and experience of presenting your work to industry peers.
- Ability to build products that meet user needs and fulfill user stories.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Experience working on agile projects as part of a cross discipline team.
- Strong problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Solid understanding and application of GDS Design Principles and Digital Service Standard, and has built products and services that have passed GDS assessment.
- Good skills in organising and structuring complex information.
- Good written and verbal communicator, listener and team player.
- Good organisation and time management skills, and a commitment to deadlines.
- Independent worker who takes initiative in decision-making but knows when to seek advice/information.
- Ability to work in the Uscreates offices in Vauxhall to enable effective working practices.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Art & Design
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2005